MSFS Shut Down or Minimize

I am curious about what other simmers do after they have landed and want to do something else, like go to bed. What I usually do is press the ESC button to bring up the menu and quiet the sound then minimize the sim till the next flight session. This avoids the relatively long start up of the sim. In the mean time lots of other things are gettin done on the PC, like work, research, shopping, etc. Lately, since the last update, I have been getting some CTDs while flying and even while the sim is minimized which makes me have to do a restart from scratch anyway.
So what do other pilots do? Shut Down and restart or Minimize and avoid the restart? What might be the best procedure in your opinion?

FWIW, I always exit the flight, return to the main menu, and shut down from there with an exit to desktop. I know it takes longer, but I’ve never had a corrupted file or, for that matter, any other problems.

1 Like

Same as @NonstopOyster0 .

1 Like

I don"t quite understand. You keep MSFS running in the background for hours to avoid a longer startup time?

I would certainly advocate for exiting when done with a session. MSFS does strange things when loading multiple flights or aircraft during the same session.

I certainly recommend you exit the sim and start fresh as well.

I think the main reason I started minimizing was because when a flight was saved and reloaded later you couldn’t change anything like the time or the weather. I agree with all the responses that say to shut down. I never really thought about it before the recent CTDs but it does seem a little foolish to keep it running all the time. So shut down it is. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like