MSFS since sim update 11 not more responding when loading into Chicago Meigs

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

old Chicago mods disabled

Brief description of the issue:

I tried the new sim update 11 activity flight from Chicago Meigs but after the activity was loaded in the activities startup screen the “start flying” button was disabled. Then I created a new flight starting from Chicago Meigs using the world map but after loading half into the flight MSFS did not respond anymore.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

KCGX

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

a) load the new 40th anniversary activity flight from Chicago Meigs field
b) create a new flight staring from Chicago Meigs from within the world map

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

PC, Intel i7 64bit, 16GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 2060

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

When I fly over Meigs coming from an other airport Meigs is not showing up, see screenshot 2

@PhantomX2949 Please post in a separate thread. No hijacking. Thanks.

same, i don t understand

I succeeded to solve the problem:
It is apparently a incompatibility to the Drzewieckidesign - scenery Washington Landmarks.
I could solve it by using the new experimantal MSFS feature “package reorder tool” (under the common options/experimental) by klicking the down-arrow-button next to the Microsoft microsoft-airport-kcgx-meigs-field entry until it was set to “3”

I had the same this morning, but I don’t think it’s related to the Washington Landmarks scenery as I don’t have it, but had the problem nonetheless.

But listen to this, because the plot thickens.

This morning i did a 3 hrs session with MSFS to check out the new 40th anniversary features.
One of the first activities I tried was the Chicago tour from Meigs and I too found out that the yellow “Fly” button was greyed out and I couldn’t try the mission.

I then checked some other missions, saw that they worked, did a couple of them, and then went back to the Meigs one. Lo and behold the yellow “Fly” button was active this time :open_mouth:! I then launched the mission, did a quick flight around Chicago up to Wrigley Field and landed back at Meigs.

I then flew a few other missions and went back to the Meigs one, as my first tour had been a short one and I wanted to try it again. And this time around once again the “Fly” button was greyed out and I couldn’t start the mission.

Mind you, this all happened in the same MSFS session. I didn’t quit and restart, didn’t mess with my community folder, I didn’t lose connection to the servers, nothing! I may have changed some controller options but other than that I didn’t do anything at all that could explain the magical appearance and disappearance of the ability to press the “Fly” button.

And every time I did wait a bit for the “Fly” button to turn yellow, as sometimes it takes a little bit after you load an activity for it to become active. But nothing.

I’m puzzled :thinking:.

I tried this, but it did not solve anything, Fly now is still greyed out

Try this: Go to Profile/content manager, show all installed, select delete fior Meigs airport, after that filter “not installed”, select Meigs airport and install it again. If you have Chicago Landmarks installed go to the experimental options and set the package order .of Meigs to 3.

I have the same issue. Meigs “mission” never works for me. But starting from the world map works fine.
In generell a lot of missions seem to be bugged. e.g. the mission with the A310 at Princess Julianna airport is also not playable. You start in stalling conditions, and you never get the vectors to the airport for final landing.

Unfortunately I have found that my fix does only work for the first flight. Allthough the msfs has still my package order change in mind I got the issue again when trying to start the activity in Chicago Meigs: The airport is vanished or the button greyed out.

Does anybody know, If DD ia going to bring a patch, to make Chicago compatible with Meigs field?
In There forum is nothing going on anymore…

I have filed a bugfix request in the DD support forum…

I’ve found a new weird workaround:
Copy (not move) the Meigs scenery from the official folder to the community folder and rename it by adding a prefix “zz-” in front of this sceneries folder name… at least this works

Fly Now button not available in the new Meigs “Activity Flight”.
(contribute to this bug not formatting correctly)

-Dev mode off.
-Content Manager empty.
-No other Meigs Field or Landmark mods installed.
-172 Skyhawk (G1000) installed with no mods.

• Meigs Field is installed in Content Manager. Does appear and is usable in World Map.

Work around
-Open World Map, select Skyhawk G1000 version.
-Select Meigs Field as Departure( Start on Runway ).
-Take off, fly pattern, land, then park/stop. Use ATC.
-Close World Map, Check My Logbook flight entered. Land/Depart entered.
-Go back to Meigs Activity & Fly Now should be available.

*You may not have to use the Skyhawk G1000 or use ATC.
I suspect it’s the Take Off & Landing that activates Miegs Field for use in Activities Menu for those of us
with this issue.

DD now has published a bugfix update for the DD Chicago landmarks scenery so this bug is solved now.
The conent manager not loading (if too much addins are installed in the community folder) is apparently a separate bug that is discussed here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/content-manager-wont-load-if-there-are-more-than-1028-add-ons-in-community-folder/502298/1