MSFS Still Freezing During Startup

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Brief description of the issue:

MSFS still freezing during startup with a blurred screen right before checking for updates would appear as described here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/msfs-freezing-on-startup-in-one-of-three-different-states/480205

This usually occurs right after a reboot of the computer. Closing MSFS from the taskbar and then restarting MSFS usually allows it to load up normally.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Reboot the PC.
  2. Start MSFS. (MSFS freezes with a blurred screen right before checking for updates).
  3. Close MSFS from the taskbar.

Snag_a8c93a8

1. Start MSFS. (MSFS starts up normally.)

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU 7 1.21.13.0.

This also happens to me after a PC boot. Closing and restarting the sim allows it to load normally. I have the Steam version. No addons. Fully updated.

1 Like

I have the same issue.

Same issue here, regulary.

Each time starting MSFS one of two things happens:

Stuck in “blurry” loading screen, where normaly the update manager kicks in. Music is playing, nothing happens.
Manually Closing MSF and restarting → all fine and stable

Other variant is, MSFS is loading, but once in the main screen it isnt loaded “complete”. either going into pilots profile worldmap or in the marketplace, it has errors e.g. not every button is klickable or in marketplace the items are partially shown but without price and not selectable.
Manually restart → all fine and stable

In consequence i have to start MSFS twice each time

I have the same issue but occurs randomly, sometimes on second start-up\

Has been happening to me for the past 6+ months. Here’s what I get stuck at and have to ALT-F4 to close it and restart.

Mee to… When:

Click On on PC

In desktop click on msfs shortcut and load a while and sometimes:

Freeze game or PC reboat automatically