MSFS taking focus from Air Manager on touch screens

Hi, I’m having trouble with touch screen monitors and AM. I have set up the monitors (Wymaxit 15.6") as touch and they work, but as soon as I try to change a heading or altitude by clicking and turning by touch (no knobster) it just spins the cockpit camera around inside the Cessna 172s. AM reckon that it’s a MSFS2020 issue, stealing the focus. Any ideas/workarounds please?

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities

The Sim Innovations folks stating “it’s a Microsoft issue” is par for the course (and it may very well be, but that’s the go to response if you’re not on XP).

Get on Discord and head over to Simstrumentation

Those folks will get you sorted out (if it can be).

1 Like

It’s not a par for the course response but simply how it is. It doesn’t do it with other sims so it’s a MSFS thing. Taking over control of Mouse or Touch by the sim is not unique to AM it happens with other apps too. You even get control issues when using a different sim window like the VFR map. It’s a MSFS bug.

Thank you again for your help Sling380, this begs a couple of questions if that’s o.k… Would a re-install help? I assume that Microsoft are well aware of this then and will it be better if I incorporate a knobster? I ultimately want to pop out a glass screen setup so will the problem continue do you think with that and a knobster.I’ve seen a couple of videos doing that so it maybe doesn’t affect everyone. Sorry for all the questions but I seem to be plagued with this touch screen setup.
Regards, Trevor.

Re-install won’t change this behaviour but having a Knobster will help because you are touching the screen much less. Single touches tend to be ok but touch and move actions can create the issue. MS/Adobe should be aware of this but the whole bug reporting / responding process is not at all user friendly and I’ve given up trying to understand if or when a particular thing will get resolved. Perhaps try asking them if you think it will help you.

Thank you. If I get any joy with any of the suggestions, I will post to let you know.