MSFS Update 5 - Ground services and Jetways at airports GONE

I got none of all your mentioned ground services mods and I still can not call any of my ground services.

jetways and gorund service features are toltally gone since July 27th. Itā€™s definitely one of the many things SU 5 broke, and has not yet been addressed in any of the recent hotfixes. I cannot figure how come the devs end up with an update that breaks such a basic tools and features.

2 Likes

Have you removed all your mods and tried? Ground services and jetways are working fine. There are various mods that are causing issues with it

Do you have ANY mods? Have you tried with a completely empty community folder?

Also, if you installed mods from the in-sim marketplace, try removing those as well, especially any ā€œground vehiclesā€ or ā€œairport texturesā€ mods.

Try moving (for backup) the ā€œContent.xmlā€ file to a backup folder, found in:

roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator

Start up your sim, MSFS will generate a new one. It should restore jetways and ground crew. If it worked, you can delete the old ā€œContent.xmlā€ file.

Rather than delete the mod, go into the layout.json and delete the lines associated with Services.xml or Services.spb, and also the delete the section associated with LivingWorld_Cfg. Restart the sim.

thanx for the heads up, didnā€™t know layout.json files had such xml or similar entries for ground services. Iā€™ll give it a shot, hope your tip will fix it on my side as well.

does this workaround also bring back the disappearing jet ways, BTW ?

Every time I add a new mod I habitually let the sim recreate the content.xml already.

1 Like

No idea. Iā€™m a GA guy.

Iā€™ve been complaining about this since the last update. Ground services absent from North America and Europe. but are present in Africa and Asia and the Caribbean (Havenā€™t checked Australis and South America). When baggage is requested I get an affirmative and the baggage door opens but the vehicles are invisible. Ironically, the ground crew guys are there. No vehicles driving around either except on the continents I mentioned. All of this since last update.

The thing is these things were working well until the last update. I bought both the North American and Europe ground service addons and they were fine prior to update. Incidentally, these are the two continents on which the ground vehicles are invisible.

Yes. Iā€™ve been talking with the developer on the subject of Living World Config and Airport Services (Iā€™m doing my own development in the area).

Iā€™m pretty sure he said in a different thread on the SDK forum they are working on an update.

On a separate subject, and beyond the control of LVFR, there are known issues with jetways in general, and Asobo is trying to replicate the problem with the help of several developers.

Part of the problem was so many of the development staff were on vacation around the time of the release of SU5.

If there are two continents that vehicles are invisible, either the region was called out wrong by LVFR in their files, or, Asobo caused an issue with those regions.

It also sounds like itā€™s possible the cause of the invisible vehicles is a bug was introduced with simobject vehicles.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.