MSFS VR More Stable with Pimax than G2?

After switching from a Reverb G2, I feel like MSFS is much more stable in VR. Has anyone else noticed the same?

• I can go in and out of VR multiple times. I don’t even worry about crashes of performance issues.
  • I can start the Pimax software after the sim starts
  • No mystery audio not working issues.

I’m wondering if the sim is better without WMR.

It could also be SU15, but I’ve used the G2 on SU15.

1 Like

I use the Pimax Crystal in MSFS and it’s very stable and clear.

Crystal is the first vr headset I got, was a bit tricky to start (an other usb device seems to be the source) and pimax xr don’t run, it block the vr session. Since I go with SteamVr, vr session start with no problem and no crash A little frustration not to have more fps, can’t run fovea rendering to have a small bonus, it’s not visible in OpenXr menu.

That’s a big start for a VR headset!

I’ve had a few times the headset wouldn’t start. But so far, I think I got that straightened out.

The times it has happened I had to fully power off my PC as a reboot didn’t clear the issue. That’s why I think it had something to do with USB power.

All of my USB devices are running through a 72W USB hub, and I have the Pimax hub directly connected to the PC.

Last week I was testing out some things and I must have restarted the VR session in the sim about 30 times. I don’t think that would have worked with WMR.

I was afraid to be disapointed by too low a clarity. The quest3 was not available and a second hand crystal do the rest. With this resolution, the pc is the weak link. At the begining, it was really hard, impossible to understand what was the problem. Was close to give up, those USB problems were hard to deal with and the Pimax mini hub connection is not great. Now I got to restart the service most of the time but once launch, it’s good.