MSFS + Xcloud + iPhone = Amazing!

If you have a laptop yes

Thanks a million speedwoblz :+1:

And YESā€¦ I use laptop :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Do you use an Xbox as well

This is sad news, I was hoping I could use xcloud when Iā€™m traveling for work, but Iā€™ve now confirmed that indeed purchases are not tied to your Gamertag/Microsoft account.

This is very strange considering the addons we purchase are not DLC available from Steam, when you purchase addons through the Steam version you are purchasing ā€œflight sim creditsā€ which are then used to purchase the addon in question through the in sim marketplace.

So why not tie purchases to your Microsoft account? I confirmed this is also true with the Gamepass version - if you purchase addons through Steam they will only appear on Steam so now I have no incentive to purchase the sim again for my Xbox console.

1 Like

Yes. This is true.

Should not be so, but as of now it is. Iā€™ve tried limiting any addons to addons I donā€™t have on Steam/PC so I have something special about each experience.

Iā€™m just so thrilled I can get a MSFS treat away from Home now!

I kind of imagined some of these things being an issue back in 2020, which is why I bought it from the MS Store, and not Steam. It made sense to me that if the sim was from Microsoft, I should but it from Microsoft. Steam didnā€™t offer anything on top to warrant it for me.

1 Like

That was some great forward thinking!

2 Likes

If I could go back in time I would do the same thing now with the hindsight I have, the only reason I purchased through Stream was I love taking screenshots and I love the Steam screenshot gallery feature.

To get back on topic, wow, xcloud is phenomenal. Loading times are barely existent and even on a wifi connection with my mid range work laptop it was performing very smoothly.

1 Like

Awesome! Yeah, its amazing how smooth and good it looks. Pocket MSFSā€¦Just amazing!

Iā€™m about to go on a trip to see my brother for a week and Iā€™m ready to take MSFS with me.
Bought a Backbone controller to fit my iPhone into and Iā€™ll be flying to my hearts content at my brotherā€™s shop while I hang out with him at work! So cool! :sunglasses:

1 Like