MSFS + Xcloud + iPhone = Amazing!

I am blown away by being able to play MSFS on my iPhone using xcloud game pass ultimate!
Now I can take MSFS with me on trips and satiate my FlightSim desires away from home!

Side note: xcloud can be temperamental by not recognizing my 360 controller or backbone at times. Certainly has some growing pains to overcome, but when it does work, I’m left in complete awe by what we have in our pockets these days!

All of this was played, captured, and edited on my iPhone! This is the most amazing sim experience I have ever had. Awesome stuff! Highly recommend getting the service if you, like me, can’t get enough msfs!

Anyway, here’s a video I crafted today while sitting outside of Dunkin Donuts! <— :star_struck:

15 Likes

Wow! That’s incredible, I need to get this running on my iPad and iPhone. Amazing what we can do now

1 Like

Thx!!! It really is amazing!

One big downside is that I own the Steam version for PC, so all Addons must be rebought for Xbox/xcloud version. Not sure if that’s the same for MS Store version.

However I bought some Aircraft I don’t have for PC to give it it’s own flavor so to speak. :wink:

But, yeah MSFS on mobile… what a ride!

I just tried this and did a quick little flight. Just amazing that we can do this!
The mouse/controller response was a little slow and the game at times slowed down a bit but overall it was a great experience.
I just used the first plane that came up on my map, just to test. Will check tomorrow if DLC is there. I also wonder about settings, if I can get it smoother, etc.

Just amazed that we can fly this sim on these devices.

1 Like

How is the control latency? Is it quite laggy? I see this being a bit of a hurdle if all your inputs are lagged from what you see on the screen.

How do you access it on the cloud. Is there a tutorial link?

Way better performance than some PCs out there. :thinking:

Did they mind you setting up your yoke, and pedals? :wink:

1 Like

You log in on the Xbox cloud gaming web site. It’s regional, so just search Xbox cloud gaming. Then you need to have game pass setup, it’s a monthly fee.
You also need an Xbox controller to use with the sim, you pair it with blue tooth.
This link might help
https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/games-apps/cloud-gaming/about-cloud-gaming

1 Like

The lag is not bad but will certainly depend on your internet connection speed. I did notice that the controller speed was a little slow but I’m going to see if we can adjust settings to make it smoother (hopefully it won’t mess up the regular game).

LoL, now that would be a sight!

1 Like

Really not bad with my wifi connection. Didn’t even really notice lag when flying.

I use either my 360 controller or backbone and it moves when I need it to move.

However, it does just drop connection from time to time and just kicks you out of game and you have to reload from scratch.

It can be frustrating, but like I said, when it works, it’s an amazing experience on mobile. For me, if I can an hour or so at a time, I’m thrilled to have it!

You just really need a SOLID Connection.

Great shots!

When you can… Let us know if your DLC is in game or if you have to repurchase too.

It’s an awesome experience.

I use it on my Android tablet and moreover I can use my Addon bought on the market place. Msfs everywhere, it’s just crazy but a very good connection is required…

1 Like

Yes, your DLC is available to you in cloud gaming,you need to go to the “content manager “ and download it for the cloud gaming. I’m not sure where that is stored though, did not see it on my iPad. If it’s on the cloud, I wonder if there is a limit to size of your DLC you can save?

Here is the C170, it was at times a little laggy over Manhattan but overall a positive experience.

1 Like

Awesome! Glad to see you enjoying it too!

Great news for those with Xbox Version then (maybe MS Store version for Pc too)!

For us Steam version owners… you have to buy all addons again as they don’t transfer over.

Sucks, but thats why I choose to buy what I don’t have on Steam version so each version has it’s own experience.

Thanks for the update.

I have a xBox Game Pass., iPhone and iPad… but, how I do this?
SORRY… I’m a dummie… please, somebody can help me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Check out this site:
https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/games-apps/cloud-gaming/about-cloud-gaming

Did you know you can download and use .pln flight plans in the Xbox created on sim brief and LNM

Did not know this