MSFS2020 cannot connect to server

I’m getting the “cannot connect” message and consequently have no live weather or marketplace access. I’ve done all the usual fixes - logging out and back in of XBOX live and Steam and so on and nothing works. Was wondering if this is a problem with me or elsewhere.

4 Likes

Did you check which server you were connected to? The other day when this popped up everyone was complaining but weren’t on the West server which at the time was showing a strong ping of 30-50MS while everyone else was yellow or red. This happened around the same time. Keep in mind the Asobo base servers are in European time so maybe this time is when they do their resets, considering both in the US and Europe right now are in the low peak of sim usage.

When I check under the gamertag is just says my status is offline so the server selection menu is greyed out.

1 Like

Double check and make sure the option for “multiplayer” is turned on in the options tab.
Regards

Many thanks for this - for anyone reading, the problem seems to be that MSFS 2020 decided to switch off my online functionality just for fun. Go to Options > Data > Online Functionality.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.