MSFS2020 will not start or freezes 'not responding' during in game update screen after 1.18.13.0 update on PC

Same problem. Crashes on the loading screen.

Disconnecting from the Internet before loading the game helped.

Hi everyone…after months of trying to solve me problem of the MSFS freezing (not responding) on the installation manager I finally have it working.

Ths forum won’t let me post the link but go to the the flightsimulator zendesk main page and search for for “4406047066770-All-versions-Stuck-on-a-black-loading-screen”.

I am not sure if was the suggestion of turning on the Spatial Sound or the suggestion to change my audio output from my default to my secondary, but I did both and now everything is installing perfectly normal.

Maybe it will help someone else. Cheers

I have the same problem since the last update, it ran OK a few times, and now it every time hangs at bootup, Windows Task Manager shows it’s very active, but nothing happens.
By now i am really p-issed off by all the time wasted on MS flightsim 2020.
Searching for fixes was in vain, lots of suggestions, no solution.
Microsoft help pages loop around with a very unclear interface, no help at all.
I am going to deinstall it and stick to DCS and IL2 from now on.
MS flightsimulator 2020; what a waste of time and money. DON"T BUY IT !!

3 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: yss same problem

Same problem too: sometimes I’m stuck on pilatus porter loading screen: I check task manager it says cpu=0% even with content manager emptiy.
A reboot of the pc often solves the problem, but not always
It’s totaly random sometimes it boots fine from scratch.

1 Like

I too have the issue of MSFS2020 “Not Responding” and crashing to the desktop. This issue has been going on way too long for MS not being able to solve the problem. There must be a solution in order for owners of MSFS2020 to startup and use the simulator as published. I have lost several months of my data minutes due to download updates, data restarts and my own time to the tune of weeks trying to stabilize the MSFS2020 system. It cannot be that difficult for MS to solve the problem or can it? Try a few new error handling routines specifically designed to track these kinds of errors and transmit them to MS for processing. Should not be that difficult!

1 Like

I have the same problem with the latest version.
Systems fail without action.
If I use the cockpit FOCUS… MSF freaze and that’s all
VERY FRUSTRATING.
I DID NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS. I ALREADY FOLLOWED THE TIPS AND RECOMMENDATIONS WITHOUT ANY RESULTS. THAT IS CHANGING MY OPINION OF THE GAME.
BAD Asobo BEFORE YOU WERE COOL

1 Like

Interesting we are all having similar problems, mine started just recently when I downloaded an upgrade for steam and for Xbox. What is going on. I can not start either. Everything worked well before.

Anyone have had luck with this? For me it started last week, very frustrating not to be able to play
Im out of ideas to resolve the problem…

Possible solution. If you at some point tried the maps replacement from “the other team -G” go to this reddit page and read how to edit the hosts-file.