MSFS2024 and MSFS2020 aircraft

While I understand that the airplanes we’ve all purchased will be transferred over to 2024, what about the 2020 default airplanes. I know a lot of people complain about them, but I fly them a lot. I really enjoy the DC-3/C-47. With the Duckworks mod it’s terrific. I love that TBM 930. Fly it all the time. And there are others. Will we be able to move them over? I’d rather not keep both sims installed just to fly them. Yikes! I’d have to get another external hard drive.

They arn’t going to release 2024 with no default planes. Pretty sure they will all be ported over along with some new ones.

Hello!

Since all planes will work in MSFS2024, and after all the work that was put into aircraft in MSFS2020, I don’t see why they wouldn’t transfer the default aircraft over :cowboy_hat_face:

Cheers! :airplane:

No, of course I realize that 2024 will have default airplanes! I’m wondering what will happen to the 2020 models.

I think 2024 will have the same models but updated with better control surfaces that will be in 2024.

I also wonder about the logistics of it all. Will you get a prompt asking, “would you like your aircraft from 2020 to be ported over?” You’d check off yes or no. I’m sure there are some people who will not want to. Or, maybe, you’ll have to go into your 2020 install and do it yourself. Just wondering and thinking out loud.

Well, yeah, that would be the best solution, really.

No that’s not going to be the case, you won’t be updating 2020 to 2024, it will be a completely new sim. If you buy 2024 you will probably delete 2020 and start using the new one. If you don’t you keep using 2020 like you do now.

No, I was agreeing with your previous post. We will have all of the 2020 included with 2024, but upgraded. Better flight models, doors and windows that open and close. etc. Hopefully, thats what they do.

In at least one trailer, I’ve seen the DA62 with a gimballed optical device of some sort - either a camera or IR sensor. So with that in mind, I’m pretty sure they’re keeping and updating at least the more popular planes.

The DA62 in the trailer has the ability to open all its doors. Opening doors in the default aircraft has always been a big request, so clearly they’re listening and implementing that anyway. Whether that means whole new models or, probably more likely, they’re editing the old ones we’ll just need to see I guess.

Looks like lots of new default aircraft certainly.

All new aircraft on 2024 are made from 3rd party, Asobo won’t need to spend time on these, already said on the interview, and yes all fs2020 default\3rd party aircraft will works but probably without the new feature added on flight dynamic\modeling, they will need to be edited a bit and on the config files for these extra feature added.

Ps: Asoso did nice move to hire the Andrey Solomykin [lead engineers on the IL-2 Sturmovic] will benefit like Working Title’s work has really show in MSFS. Everyone tried IL-2 Andrey Solomykin, flight dynamic was top notch, he is helping Seb since last years big addition to the team.