MSFS2024 Top 5 Fixes/Requests!

Casual VR GA sightseer here. On most of the imperfections that still bother me, Asobo is already working officially (seasons, replay, road traffic) or unofficially (non-functioning wipers). The development of BeyondATC also holds high hopes for solving ATC and live traffic issues in the near future.

5 points that I would still really like to see improved/changed:

1. Allowing 3rd party software to inject detailed weather data into the sim (e.g., using the same or analogous API that Meteoblue uses)
    The idea is to allow, without sharing Meteoblue data, products such as ActiveSky to inject detailed live weather into the sim.
  2. Providing 3rd party developers with API to create weather radars
  3. Correcting the size of the sun and especially the moon (currently they are ca. 3 times too large) and how moonlight is reflected in water
    The problem may seem insignificant, but in VR especially the incorrect moon really bothers me.
    details here:
    3.1. Moon is too big in VR (and reflection on water always of a full moon) - #18 by Grinde81
    3.2. Moon Reflections Are Always Full
  4. Improving the roads so that in winter (after snowfall) they are black (wet) and not gray (dry).
  5. finally, somewhat controversially: Not updating throughout the life cycle of the sim correct aerial photos, even if outdated
    This would avoid regressions such as these:
    5.1. Aerial ground tiles changing/popping in - #1070 by AssumedMoon5724
    5.2. Changing Bing Maps! - #8 by BotanicalKhan8
1 Like