MSI Afterburner CTD in triple screen

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes
Brief description of the issue:

Any attempts at using wide screen mode with MSI Afterburner engaged causes CTD

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

use MSI Afterburner

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

using 3x screens

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Are you using DX12?

yes

Are you using DLSS?

no

Note: no other problems in multiple configurations, also, Afterburner for some reason shows 4X frame rate DX12

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

1 Like

I’m assuming you’re speaking about the application-hooking/injecting features of MSI Afterburner such as screen/video capture and overlay? You should probably post an application crash report. MSI Afterburner alone shouldn’t cause any issues unless it was allowed to hook/inject itself into Flight Simulator.

No capture … but overlay as in using it to monitor frame rate temperatures yes.

1 Like

What is the fault module in the crash report?

I keep getting blip CTDs and nothing in the logs :confused: I had info before but it’s different now?

Oh fun thing if you get it to run with afterburner, it adds up all three screen and tells me I have 90fps when I have 30.

It was an 0000005X memory error before I think but my memory is oddly semi eidetic I remember every moment of my life unless there’s something I need right then.

Also corrected title to focus on 3 screen rather than wide.