Multi-monitor issues

The sim is really pushing my buttons this last week :frowning:

For some reason it has now lost control of what monitor has what view on it.

I have 6 monitors on my setup, three main screens, a smaller screen i use for Volanta and two touch-panels for airmanager

When i start up it now wants to push my left view onto the tiny Volanta monitor, its a real pain to get it back each time.

Is there any roadmap for when we might get proper monitor choice/settings like the ability to choose a monitor for each view etc??

Its seems worse after the latest update but has done it before after the last sim update.

2 Likes

I’ve experienced MSFS Multi Monitor forgetting what previously defined screen/view goes where. I’m using only three monitors. I hope Asobo further refines the Multi Monitor Experimental feature and fixes this specific issue.

2 Likes

whats interesting to me is that I will have ATC and the Map open in split screen on my second monitor, the map however refuses to let me zoom or scroll unless I bring it back to my main display, so in away I have to leave it in a fixed setting, im on windows 11, as much as I love this game holy ■■■■ dude, the small little bugs is just not okay. sorry for the issues you are having believe me I had to stop for a while because the bugs have really ruined it for me

1 Like

I have three monitors. Usually the right monitor displays a right cockpit view, the map and the ATC window. I can zoom in and out on the map with no problem and I’m using Windows 11, too. So I wonder what’s the difference between our systems?

Try clicking the mouse wheel on the screen you want active. I’ve found that usually works.

Using 3 monitor has worked fine until today. For the first time I used VSR in VR, I lost COM on all frequencies with Vatsim and the mouse cursor wouldn’t move to the left or Right monitor screens where I had VSR and vPilot open. Does this mean I need to only use one monitor before entering VR using VSR or is it a switching of speaker/mike problem with HP Reverb G2? Anyone else had this problem

I’ve had this a few times recently too. I guess, it’s still an experimental feature, and there’s loads of other issues they’re probably working on…plus the release of msfs 2024 later this year…it’s probably not high on their list of priorities unfortunately…shame because it is a bit annoying having to fix it each time it happens…

…the most annoying ones are where it’s wrong at the menu…so you fix it…then go to start a flight, and it’s wrong again so you have to undo the fix you just made lol.

I guess, once you’re flying though, it’s not like it switches mid-flight…so I cna live with it, as it’s experimental at this stage…but yeah, hopefully they fix it at some point.