Multi Monitor Support For Sim Pit Builders

Stretching is capability but on my system it is distorted - not usable. Hope they will consider system that all three of my system can be used like P3D.

1 Like

This causes a CTD for me with any of the undocked stuff.

Hopefully we get multi-monitor capabilities for our home cockpits.

3 Likes

I am sitting here with 5 monitors and all the Saitek peripherals. Happy and impressed with the new graphics and the way the plane flies, but very disappointed in the one screen limitation. In general a very good effort by MSFS, hopefully future upgrades will include some of the old functionality for my current cockpit.

10 Likes

There is a 10" touch screen below my main screen that Iā€™d love to use for the G3X in the X-Cub.
Asobo: please let us undock a copy of any screen in the 3D cockpit (GPS, G1000 MFD/PFD, digital standby ADI, digital engine instrumentsā€¦). They are already rendered as a flat texture, putting a copy of that into an undockable window would be possible with minimal performance impact.

Those displays were designed to be read on a large screen, so when I zoom out far enough to have a nice view out of the window I have difficulty reading my primary flight instruments. This sim is perfect for VFR flying and with pop-out panels it would be so much better, especially considering that most of the planes have glass cockpits.

7 Likes

You can undock any digital screen and drag it to a different monitor. Canā€™t click on them tho :frowning:
EDIT: Oops, actually you CAN click on them, I donā€™t know why it didnā€™t work yesterday

I think I read somewhere that this is only referring to the use of for example 2 monitors next to each other for a complete view. Unfortunately not for home sim instrument panels :confused:

Iā€™m sorry, perhaps I am daft, but I canā€™t seem to figure out how you do that exactly. Iā€™m using the KingAir, there are three screens in the glass cockpit, canā€™t seem to drag any of them. Someone else above mentioned being able to do this, saying the button was in top right corner of VFR map window. I have Full/Split button in top right, but this activates the split screen within the map itself. Could you please kindly provide some more specific guidance on how to undock the displays or what I should be looking for? Thank you.

In Options -> Controls assign a button to ā€œNew UI Window Modeā€ (found under Miscellaneous) save and go back to the cockpit. While keeping that button pressed hover your mouse over a screen (the cursor turns into a magnifying glass) and click the screen.

2 Likes

A friend use nvidia surround with 3 screens, and he has no problems (gtx1070)

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit dissapointed in that way that they stated in the feature discovery series that this would be available, and itā€™s not. I truly donā€™t want to be negative about this sim, but they have been lying about
too much stuff.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the clear instructions! Got it to work! Donā€™t know why i missed it browsing the controls menu, it was right thereā€¦I could see perhaps using a 32:9 super ultrawide or even nviidia surround multi-screen for the main for the time being, and undocking the glass to some smaller tablet size screens, and it would certainly be a startā€¦

1 Like

Good Morning,

Has anyone found a way to disable the virtual cockpit? Just full screen outside view without anything?

surround

works ā€œfineā€ here too ā€¦ except for the surround typical distortion at the edges make it unusable. Did you set the correct resolution inside the sim after enabling surround?

only way is to disable the model currently

Oh, thank youā€¦ I tried that too, but couldnā€™t figure that outā€¦ is it in the cameras.cfg file or somewhere else?

I did manage to get the airbus nearly full screen by zooming in. But I am sure it would be better without all the overhead.

It is nice that you can undock the garmin screen and take it to another monitor, but unfortunately the instruments controls donā€™t come with it. Kind of useless for me. :frowning:

I Agree. This sucks. I run 8 screens with different views in P3DV4.5 and canā€™t seem to undock any windows. Stretching across 3 Main screens for cockpit view works OK but I cannot get GPS or instrument panels on seperate screens. Also no support for Logitech panels or FIP. How can they launch without such basic Flight Sim items support.

4 Likes

Yep, I did. Still has the same issue, intermittentlyā€¦I canā€™t find a pattern to it yet. It also tends to crash/freeeze. Considering rolling back my Nvidia drivers. The august 17 update seems to be problematic per other anecdotal posts here and elsewhere.

Even worse, there are bugs in 4 critical SimConnect APIs that worked in alpha that have broken control loading devicesā€¦just trying to use anything that utilizes the APIs locks the sim up.

1 Like