Multiplayer Bush Trips Guide/HOWTO/Best Practices

Hi all,

Have been really enjoying the built in bush trips, but am finding whether I can see the other person I want to fly with in multiplayer hit or miss within them (I often see random people, so I know multiplayer works in theory). Wanted to post a list of what I will attempt in order to get feedback on other’s experiences. Hopefully we can hone this down to where if it doesn’t work we know it’s the servers/FS2020, and not us. So here is the plan:

For any method, just to be safe:

1. All players open Windows Time & Date Settings and do a “Manual Sync” of clocks. Confirm are seeing same UTC time.

All Players method:
2. World Map
3. Set Multiplayer to All (if issues/greyed - go into options/settings and ensure traffic/data/multiplayer is on)
4. Do not create a group
5. Confirm all on same server, e.g. West USA
6. Leave World Map, go Into Activities and Launch same leg of same bush flight.
7. One player moves forward on tarmac significant distance, confirm you can see each other.
8. If can’t see each other, confirm that name tags are set to ON in settings.
9. If can’t see each other, both players switch to another server (eg East USA), resume, and see if you can see each other.
10. If still can’t see each other, both players return to original server.
11. If still can’t see each other, both players try a far away server (Asia?), preferably where it’s middle of the night, so little activity.
11. If still can’t see each other, try one player going to back main menu, and rejoining.
12. If still can’t see each other, other player tries going back to main menu, then rejoining.
13. If still can’t see each other, try toggling the use generic plane models

After that, it seems likely it’s a servers issue.

Live method:
2. World Map
3. Set Multiplayer to Live (if issues/greyed - go into options/settings and ensure traffic/data/multiplayer is on)
4. Do not create a group
6. Make sure weather and time are set to now.
7. Leave World Map, go Into Activities and Launch same leg of same bush flight.
8. Continue with steps 7 onward from above.

Groups method:
2. World Map
3. Set Multiplayer to Off (groups only – if issues/greyed - go into options/settings and ensure traffic/data/multiplayer is on)
4. Turn off AI traffic.
5. One player creates group, others accept invitation.
6. Leave World Map, go Into Activities and Launch same leg of same bush flight.
7. Continue with steps 7 onward from the “All” method.

Do these steps makes sense? Do others find a method that works reliably listed above?

Thanks for you input!

2 Likes

Update here – need to figure out how to cross post.

Last night using the “All” method, had the following experience:

• Initially, one of us could see the other, but the other could not.
  • One of us changed server from our initial starting server, West USA, to East USA, flew for a few seconds, and then switched back to West USA, and then we flew for a few seconds and we could see each other.
  • Worked great after that and we were both visible for the remainder of the flight.
2 Likes

We were looking for this. Gonna try it today and I´ll give u some feedback. Thanks!

Hope it helps! To be honest, since writing this and joining flights on bush league legends or Charlie Foxtrot by going to the suggested server (east west etc), I haven’t had any issues! I think a lot may have been the one flying partner I was working with. Good luck!

1 Like

And…it worked. I´m pretty sure the Server Changing is the key. Thanks

I’ve managed to get multiplayer working on a user created bush trip but it seems to have changed their weather settings. How can I rectify this? Go to world map and select preset?

Sorry for the bump, but does it still work?
I have tried doing a built in bush flight and I couldn’t see my friend.
When we did discovery flight or just normal free flight everything worked.

Thanks

Sorry not sure! Haven’t tried one in a long time. Sorry!