Multiplayer live players?

Hi
I used to not bother with having multiplayer on, but it’s nice seeing others and it also populates the airports more.

My question is are the other players you see actually live players or are they similar to drivartars you see in forza horizon for example?

Only reason I ask is sometimes I see friends flying around on world map, but they are not actually playing the game according to friends list.

On Xbox.

Thanks

It depends on their settings.

You will see them on world map regardless Of their settings. But If they have multiplayer turned off, you won’t see them when actually loaded in and flying.

1 Like

Ok thanks, but what about random players in my session, are they “live” players?

Also depends on your settings.

Do you have multi player on? And what do you have set for AI traffic?

Easiest way to tell is turn on nameplates. Users that show up with nameplates are other active users.

Planes that don’t are the AI.

1 Like

My settings are multiplayer, live traffic and live weather all set to on.

So no AI traffic.

Then you will see other players with multiplayer on as well as the AI injected traffic.

If you have nameplates enabled you’ll see the difference.

On PC we have other tools available to show it but on XBOX I believe that’s only way.

1 Like

Thanks I didn’t think I would get Ai traffic if I have live traffic enabled, I also have ai airport traffic density set to zero, but think that’s only for ones parked at gate.

It’s all still “AI”.

AI offline is pre programmed planes and routes. AI online is live.

1 Like