Multiplayer Rubberbanding is really bad

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Iā€™m a part of a large virtual fighter wing who flies with the DC Designs F15C/E & IndiaFoxtEcho F35-A and as of the most recent update, it has been impossible for us to fly in close formation without experiencing ā€œrubberbandingā€ backward and forwards very quickly; Thus making it possible to stay in formation or close to someones wing. We fly on West Europe, but seems pretty persistent across most servers. We have tried quite few solutions including once provided by official zendesk report with no luck. This seems to happen to both PC and XBOX users. From the other players perspective, it will appear youā€™re doing the same. EDIT: Player also experiences a speed inconsistency. The player with the rubberbanding will be doing ā€˜800 knotsā€™ to keep up with a player doing ā€˜200 knotsā€™ because of the bug.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Will be able to record later, see below thread.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Flying on ā€˜All Playersā€™ option with Live Weather. Players have the same aircraft (in this case F15 E From DC Designs) on West Europe. Fly close together (off eachothers wing) other player appears to suddenly fly backwards and forwards very quickly, almost as if they are lagging. From the other players perspective, it will appear youā€™re doing the same.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not Relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Aircraft and Avionics I

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Twitch clip of Rubberbanding bug: Twitch - it also affects the speed of the player. Other users may be doing 400 knots, but the player affected by the bug might need to do double that to keep up.

Yes.

Very Irritating when flying within close quarter of eachother, as the OP stated in the virtual fighter wing we often fly close together and this rubber banding issue is game breaking when the aircraft are constantly jittering back and forth.

N/A

yes

started being a problem after the new Zealand patches went live. Formation flying is near impossible due to live player rubberbanding.
it seems to be a issue for a lot of players as ive seen a lotvof complaints in our Discord.

Im on XBox SX

none

1 Like

Thanks for your input, hopefully more make reports to get this seen by the devs!

Yes

unfortunately this is ruining game play. Makes it impossible to formation fly. I am on Xbox series x. Not flown with anyone since update earlier in year who isnā€™t suffering the same issue.

2 Likes

2 months later Rubber banding is still a issue donā€™t know if the devs changed the server Tick rate / update rate back in feb.

Sill annoying as hell when you love military aircraft and makes me spend less time i the sim.

Just in case devs need a video : Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

And this was a good day.

Same issue here

Post got marked as feedback logged, hope to see some improvements! Please reply if you are experiencing similar issues. thanks all!

Will notify others to reply here and report this issue. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

I have the same issue, it first occurred after the first avionics update.

I too suffer with this issue.

Itā€™s damaging to the SIM and simply makes me want to put the stick down and do something else.

Itā€™s appeared with a recent update and needs addressing asap.

Many thanks.

This issue still persists in SU14. Any updates or players still experiencing this?

This is and always has been an issue for me. It looks like your twitch link posted back in Feb 23.

Itā€™s really disappointing to watch another player coming in with a stable approach, cross the threshold, then suddenly jump back 500 feet. Watch them again, over the threshold, then jump forward 500 feet. BOOOO

I watch Airforceproud95, and he watches people land smoothly all the time. I wish I knew what the issue was for me.

1 Like

Still going on for me. I have found the F/A-18 flies real smooth for me and my buddy. We notice the SC F-16 skips some when we both are switching from internal and external views and the F-15C just skips like crazy. Itā€™s always him that is out from (either Iā€™m skipping back or heā€™s skipping forward). Of course DC says itā€™s the sim and MSFS says itā€™s DC so that gets no where.

1 Like

Yeah honestly I was thinking if it was certain developers coding when it comes to older addons? Itā€™d be nice to pin point this issue, as it just ruins the immersion especially with military aircraft and formation flights and displays.

Issue is still persistent for user. With no word or support from this absolutely shoddy team at MS or ARSEOBO then weā€™re left to suffer.

Eve tried running stock game, all installs, one plane, you name it, but the rubberbanding persists.

Itā€™s not an Internet related issue as all internets are either good or fantastic, and the only game that suffers is flight sim.

Itā€™s quite frankly disgusting that after all this time and the posts regarding it that the issue not only still persists, but hasnā€™t even been addressed by the Devs.

Iā€™m starting to think ARSEOBO have bitten of more than they can chew regarding flight sim and they may be in over their heads.

2 Likes

Its so bad the Devs have not addressed this yet occasionally ill find the odd players not rubberbanding but they are few and far between.

Where did they address it? I still find continually to have problems in multiplayer and rubber-banding. Especially if attempting a formation flight!

1 Like

Well i missed the most important word ā€œnotā€ in that previous post