Multiplayer Visibility Filter

To enhance immersion, I’m thinking of a way to filter multiplayer traffic:

1. Filter by platform - All, PC, Xbox [EDIT: New thinking here - this is not needed ]

2. Show only owned aircraft in Multiplayer. Desire is to reduce the number of generic aircraft showing as multiplayer models if you don’t have the same model installed.

3. OR allow all marketplace aircraft to show as multiplayer aircraft whether owned or not.

when flying with multiplayer, I would like to filter out aircraft that do not exist in the real world such as the aircraft for the DUNE upgrade. Anything that does not exist currently in the real world, I would like to filter out and not see them. I understand that you have to add the DUNE and other craft for the XBOX gamers out there, but the rest of us that are here for the regular Simulation of flying, do not want to see this gaming stuff that spoils the experience of flight simulation. Flight simulation should only happen with real aircraft that exist in the real world. None of this stuff from different movies that doesn’t exist in the real world. … I would like to filter them out. I would really like to have a check list of all of the aircraft that is in the flight simulator so I can get rid of all of the Military jets that would not be normally flying around along with any of the aircraft that really doesn’t currently exist.

Thanks !

4 Likes

I was going to “like” your post as I agree it should be possible to filter out groups of multiplayers such as “fictional” or “jet fighters” or “GA”.

I take issue with your segregation between PC and Xbox users though. Not all PC users are serious simmers and not all Xbox users are “gamers”.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree - No reason to filter based on platform. Made a note in my original post that this isn’t needed.

And most importantly, “distance”!

2 Likes