Multiple accounts on the same PC

Can I install MSFS from two different users on the same PC (their own store account and license), without taking up twice the storage space? I want to have my son play on my PC when I’m not. Trying to install it under his account, MSFS is complaining about lacking required drive space. Only if I can free up the space MSSFS is taking under my account!

TBH, I think it’s bogus to have to buy 2 copies for 1 PC.

1 Like

There is a way to share xbox account. The forum won’t allow me to paste links but you can search There is a way to share xbox account: 360016433720-How-your-PC-gaming-account-relates-to-your-Microsoft-Store-account on flightsimulator zendesk com.

But I’m not sure if that addresses installation and disk space requirement issue. That’s really what I want to get to so I don’t have to dedicate disk space for mroe than one copies of the installation.

2 Likes

So I figured it out. Once MSFS is installed from the store, content manager gives you an option to pick location. I picked D:\MSFS. Once installed, I switched to another account, It didn’t want to install on D drive since it took 150 GB there. I picked C drive where I had space, and then let it install. It’s just 1GB install. Once installed, content manager showed up and I picked D:\MSFS again. It saw the existing files and skipped the whole download routine.

What is really dumb from UX perspective is, it’s only trying to install the first bits from store (around 1GB) and can share the location for content, but you have to have either enough space for all users (150GB x # of users) for it to even install the first bits and then it can share the existing content first user has downloaded if it is in shared location like C:\MSFS. But the initial install doesn’t care and wants free space as if it is going to install full 150GB.

I hope this will be considered and fixed.

1 Like