Multiple CTD's

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

CTD usually on start-up when selecting to fly option. Most recent CTD happened when I switched from interior view to external view inflight. Has been occurring regularly since Oct 13th.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

aircraft selection and fly

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

NVIDIA 546.01

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Device name PC-7F545BE230
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor 4.20 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.1 GB usable)
Device ID 3D0686D2-2B48-4F2F-818E-09D67A1DEB31
Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA040
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
|Edition|Windows 11 Home|
|—|—|
|Version|22H2|
|Installed on|‎7/‎22/‎2023|
|OS build|22621.2428|
|Experience|Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22674.1000.0|

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

1560424989613081798; 1211189021504463169

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Have you tried with Community Folder empty?

Since I have used MSFS from beta testing to purchasing and playing for years, I seldom had a CTD. Three days ago, all of a sudden I got a CTD every start just as checking for update notice went on. This CTD was repeated x10. I could not get MSFS started at all. After consulting many help pages I determined that I needed to uninstall and reinstall MSFS. It was at this time I learned I must use the Xbox for PC app. I love MSFS but I AM NOT A GAMMER!!! This time consuming process took me 14.75 hours, this is CRAZY. After completing this over many days I finally got to play one flight. Then today when I went to play, MSFS stayed at CHECKING FOR UPDATES AND NEVER WENT PAST!!!–!!! CAN ANYONE HELP.? It is obvious to me that x box app causes most of the problems I Have now uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Still can not go past Checking For Updates. HELP ME PLEASE HELP HELP HELP!!!

1 Like

do you have Microsoft Gaming Services installed? Perhaps reinstall that feature. Updates to the Microsoft Store app library are important, game bar and gaming service and xbox app all seem to tie into connecting online and checking for updates etc, communication in multiplayer etc.

Moved to Tech Talk which is more appropriate whilst others help you troubleshoot :+1:

Here’s a couple active CTD topics you might want to take a look at…

yes. I have tried with zero community folder content and with community content. doesn’t make a difference.