Mutiple windows showing in #multi-window option

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

When modifying options for Multi window (I have three monitors) I see there are two x ‘WINDOW 1’ and two x ‘WINDOW 2’. If I remove one, it removes both. Is this a feature? Apart from that I think it is a fantastic feature.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I went to General Options>Experimental>Multi Window

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Processor: i9-12900KF
Ram: 32 gb
Edition: Windows 11 Home - Version: 21H2
NVidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti Driver 517.48

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have exactly the same PC specs and the same issue. No real big deal but a bit aggravating.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes. Duplication occurs during the 2nd run of MSFS. I.E. shutdown of MSFS and then return.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

When you exit the multi-monitor set up MSFS will ask you to Apply/Save, Discard, or cancel even though you have not changed anything. MSFS thinks a Apply/Save is necessary due to its self generated duplication.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Bump. Same issue here (was about to submit a bug report for the same thing). It’s these sorts of small issues that really add up to create an annoying experience. It’s really disappointing that the likelihood of these smaller bugs being fixed is almost NIL.

I have a triple monitor setup, too. Steps to trigger the bug:

1. Go to General Options > Experimental > Add New Render Window (twice for two extra windows)
  2. Click Apply and Save
  3. Return to Main Menu. Reopen General Options > Experimental
  4. Simulator lists double the number of windows you setup. Showing duplicates:

Just after writing my above comment, I played around with it some more, and it’s gone absolutely crazy: