My 172 G1000 doesn't show engine info on the MFD left side

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Brief description of the issue:

My 172 G1000 doesn’t show engine info on the MFD left side

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Can you show a screenshot? Thanks!

I have 1.33.6.0. Working here.

I have the same issue in the King Air 350. Pretty sure though its not a bug but something I did wrong or changed in the Garmin settings and cant change back.

Moved to #gd-commsupport:aircraft for peer validation.

You didn’t state in your report if you are on Xbox or PC, and the tags say both.

While you said that you did this, is your Community folder actually empty? IOW, you see this in a default livery and you haven’t left a livery or other plane or addon in the Community folder?

Are you using any liveries for the plane? If so, it likely has either (or both) unnecessary model and/or panel files that are old.

It’s also slightly possible you have a Marketplace addon that is causing the issue. A while back Carenado planes broke the Registration code for instance. Make sure all your addons are up to date in your content manager from your Marketplace purchases.

If even with an empty community folder you still have issues with it and you’ve made sure all your Marketplace purchases are up to date, what I would do next is disable aircraft and livery packs you’ve purchased from the Marketplace.

@SaucierPen464 Neither the default C172 or King Air 350 have state saving, so there’s nothing you could change in the interface that would persist by beyond your quitting MSFS and restarting it.

@SaucierPen464 Neither the default C172 or King Air 350 have state saving, so there’s nothing you could change in the interface that would persist by merely quitting MSFS and restarting it.

Huh… Thanks, I did not know that. Then perhaps it is a bug after all. When I turn on the battery and the PFD comes on, it used to have all the engine info on the right hand side of the screen. Now its gone.

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me. Hmmm…

I don’t imagine your memory is playing tricks on you.

The most likely reason is there is an interfering mod.

Unless they removed it. I do believe I saw someone say the info for some plane was on the MFD but not the PFD. I don’t remember what plane or thread, or if that’s even a real memory or a dream…

Yes, on the MFD the info is there, once you turn the Avionics on.

And the only thing I installed recently was SPAD.next (and uninstalled) and Axis and Ohs… do those count as mods just because they put something in the community folder ?

Other than that, I am not running any mods.

So, I’ll relay my own experience last night. I was redoing some of the liveries I had created, and it turned out I had a panel.xml that referenced the panel.xml of the default version of the plane. It should have worked, but it didn’t. The 1000Nxi was doing the same thing as you are seeing, it worked, but the engine information was gone.

Fortunately, you no longer need to reference the panel.xml file if you have a panel.cfg that does the “override” thing… so I got it working fine.

Point being, there has to be an interfering mod. Try removing the SPAD and Axis and Ohs and see what you get. I don’t know how those mods work, but they may be interfering with the GPS. If that fixes it, you have your answer (and we’ll have to figure out why).

If not, we’ll have to find another mod that you aren’t aware is there that’s causing the issue. As I noted, Carenado broke the Registration for everyone because of the way they wrote their section (I can go into details if you’d like). So the next steps would be to turn off Marketplace addons you’ve purchased to see if that fixes it.

It’ll most likely be any liveries you’ve purchased, or aircraft. Have you purchased any of these on the Marketplace?

I’m actually glad you brought this up, I never use the G1000 planes, so I wouldn’t have even known there should be engine information there and might have released the livery without fixing it. Well, I probably would have recognized it, but, I was like “Oh… here we go” because of your post…

Things are back to normal. And I didnt make any kind of changes. Didnt delete or uninstall anything.

But today I experimented with Spacedesk, turning two tablets into monitors and then using Popout Panel Manager to put the King Airs PFD and the MFD up on them. Doing this, the PFD display as shown on the tablet was normal, with the engine readouts on the side.

I went: “Huh…”. After that I turned off Spacedesk and disconnected the two tablet screens. I restarted MSFS, checked out the King Air and sure enough, everything was back to normal.

Sooo… I am not technically versed enough to know or understand what that means but at least in my case, the issue is resolved. I assume it had something to do with the 2nd and 3rd screen but who knows.

1 Like

That’s great!.. awesome when the universe takes care of us! :laughing: :smiley:

1 Like