My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestion (Reverb G2 - WMR)

I’ve never tried Nvidia 457.30. I did an Nvidia “clean install” with no GeForce Experience. I compared 457.30 to a similar clean install of 461.40. My current experimental settings and rig (2070S) are as referenced just above in this thread, 70% TAA and 150% OXR but I turned Ambient Occlusion and Contact Shadows both on to LOW. Flying out in the country 1K to 2K off the ground at < 100 mph, 457.30 is definitely smoother but not as sharp as I find 461.40 nor the overall appearance of the scenery as striking, IMHO. (461.40 seems to be brighter with more contrast as well as sharper???) If I turn off custom OXR scaling and let the software pick a setting, it undoubtedly goes for a lower OXR % rendering as the scenery gets blurrier for both 457.30 and 461.40 (see CptLucky8 post: PSA: Reverb G2 small sweet spots, observations and solutions - #150 by CptLucky8). YMMV but my main aim is scenery gawking in places I’ll never go IRL. So I’m mostly flying slow and straight and level. For example, if you start out at Machu Picchu and keep following the Urubamba River, you’ll eventually end up in Brazil at the mouth of the Amazon River. So for that sort of pursuit, I can get by with my settings as I continue to experiment and contemplate getting a better GPU for VR.

One thing I’ve noticed in donning and removing my G2 quite a bit is that it’s too easy to move the IPD slider accidentally. I 've taken to periodically checking the setting in the WMR Headset Display settings. HP ought to provide a protective cap or something to lock the setting in place.

1 Like