My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestion (Reverb G2 - WMR)

Today I’ve tried the TBM at New Orleans and here is a short post about this experience: I wasn’t able to reach enough fps for motion smoothing on the ground, not even with TAA100+OXR50, not even with Clouds set to LOW.

What did work was reducing to TAA85+OXR50 Clouds Med Texture Med (meaning I had to restart the game), at least until being higher in the sky (or should I say in the clouds in the current situation). I was still able to “read” the EFIS without much efforts even if they were blurrier with TAA85. It only took leaning a little bit more forward to read the finer prints when and if needed.

It was only once I was flying up above at least 1000ft AGL that I was able to put TAA100 back and maintain motion smoothing, up until reaching the nearby destination for this short flight, Baton Rouge, flying the approach with a very strong cross wind. Once near and on the ground, it was very hard to keep motion smoothing again. This time, instead of lowering TAA, I’ve reduced Terrain LOD to the minimum (in any case with these Clouds/fog down the ground you couldn’t see much anyhow).

Unfortunately I didn’t have the time to try the G2 via SteamVR and compare, but I don’t recall having had any difficulties with similar weather with the Index even if I’m running the Index at SS152 which is about 2600x2500 IIRC, or in other words the equivalent for the G2 to running TAA100+OXR75… SteamVR motion smoothing can go up to 5:1 or even 6:1 and this helps a lot vs 4:1 for WMR.

All this to say the G2 can run fine with a 9700K+2070 but not in all conditions and this can ruin the experience. Which somewhat limits a little bit the type of flying you can do when compared with the Index which can sustain a wider range of missions on the same hardware.

1 Like