My Download Is Stuck! Help!

Hello guys, i started downloading MFS2020 yesterday and i paused, then i continue downloading it and the download is stuck. Here is an image

Thnx for help!

Chill , just give it time , What looks like stuck is ok. Just click dl once and walk away. Something about your computer , internets and things. It takes time mate even when it looks like it’s not working. It is. Took me 2.5 hours with very good computer , internet.

what is dl?

dl is internet short hand for down load

oh ok, thnx for helping i apreciate

Yes , serious , close out everything else on your computer , Don’t watch youtube , no netflex nothing but the download. Let it work

To further add to what @SirDanFlyBoy wrote, if it does stop downloading or gives you an error, End Task with Task Manager on the MSFS app and relaunch it. It will continue where it left off.

If using WiFi, some WiFi cards have problems with downloading. We noticed in the Alphas/Beta that using a wire works best. This not all WiFi cards, just some.

Also to note, it does not matter what your internet connection speed is (as long as it’s above 20mbps) as that is dependent on load of Microsoft servers (they use Azure & Amazon). My download times since Alphas were around 4-6 hours. We’ve seen download speeds of less than half of what you get from your ISP.

Hello guys it still waiting

Does task manager show that MSFS is not responding?

ATTENTION!!! I have finally found the end to my madness of restarting downloading packages. this is what i did and it fixed it. First of all uninstall anything xbox that lets you uninstall it ie. xbox app, then disable windows defender firewall. restart pc and right click flight sim app run as admin and you should be good. i really hope this helps its been unbearable. this is for if you downloaded from the windows store bought or game pass.

nope, it responds

do i have to delete of the files of the game?

no just select the same folder when you restart

and the game? do i have to unistall it?

No, you do not have to delete any files or uninstall it.
Also, if you are using WiFi, try using a wire connection instead for the install. After install, you can go back to using WiFi.

ok, ill try that also

no just follow the steps i did and then when you restart your pc right click the sim app and run as administrator then it should load click to start then the folder then update then it should start downloading

ok, thnx both, if i continue with the issue ill contact by this thread

good luck. hope you get sorted

I will wait like 5 mins