My favorite sightseeings

Venezuela. From SVVL to SVDM. Fly 210 degrees after departure and follow the valleys using the VFR map. I suggest you fly the Daher TBM 930 for this flight. You’ll have to manage your descent and speed for not declaring a missed approach.

The ancient compound at Chichen Itza, is amazingly well modeled in the sim.
Take off from from Old Chichen Itza airport, MM74. Climb to 500 ft and turn South and the ancient site unfolds before you, dominated by the great Pyramid of Kukulcan (Quetzalcoatl).

You’ll want to fly this low and slow.

Enjoy!

Do you have any flight plans for some of the flights you’ve enjoyed? If so, it would be great if you could share them at World Tour Flights.

I have no idea how I could create a flight plan when flying VFR.

The best I can do is to provide the departure and arrival airports, headings or tracking points like mountains , lakes, etc…

?

That would be great! that really helps a lot. You can make a flight plan in MSFS directly or I know there are a few other apps that people like to use like LittleNavMap.

I know how to make a flight plan using Intersection points and VOR; we are talking about IFR flight plans.

The only way to create a VFR flight plan would be to enter GPS coordonates in the flight plan and LittleNavMap doesn’t seem to enable this possibility.

?

I use Google maps to add gps coordinates. Simply click anywhere on the zoomed in map so it shows a pop up with coordinates for example
Step1

Then click on the coordinates to get them in a version the game uses
Step2

You can copy paste those into the world map search bar or if you feel adventurous you can edit them directly into the .PLN file yourself. The format is slightly different

Add this in the right spot

<ATCWaypoint id="Custom">
        <ATCWaypointType>User</ATCWaypointType>
        <WorldPosition>N6° 05' 45.2",W64° 42' 55.0",+007500.00</WorldPosition>
    </ATCWaypoint>

So 6°05’45.2"N 64°42’55.0"W from Google needs to be N6° 05’ 45.2",W64° 42’ 55.0" in the PLN file. You can name them in the PLN file (instead of Custom) to keep track of what’s what.

I have no experience with following flight plans though, I assume this works. I always recreate my flight plans afterwards. Be careful with the altitude I guess, the default 7500 might not be enough in some places, not that it matters when you fly yourself.

I published one.

I think the Richat Structure has to be one of my favourite places so far, It’s like another planet there.

Tungbukan Island is up there as well, makes we want to go snorkelling :slight_smile:

Don’t miss to fly over Paris just above the buildings; the architecture is awsome!

I use the Savage Cub for this kind of flight.

Pearl Harbour city tour at sunset

1 Like

This a personnal one.

Takeoff from CTG3 to CYGP on 2021/08/15 at 09:15Z and set a few clouds.

After takoff, fly east over the water near the shore.

If you are using the VFR card, you will see the Bonaventure Island halfway. Fly to pass between the island and land. Opposite the island is the small village of Percé which is very popular during the summer time. The cliffs there are red (not because of the sun) and the sunrises are fabulous; the bests I have seen in my life!

Unfortunately, the game does not pay homage to the Rocher Percé, which is its main attraction.

After you have passed this area, you can fly direct to CYGP. I have discovered corrupted images near CYGP.

Hope you will enjoy!

I have flown all over the 211 capitals in the world and here the ones that must be seen in my point of view :
Abu Dhabi
Amsterdam
Athens
Berlin
Brussels
Cairo
Sydney
Copenhagen
London
Monaco
Panama
Paris