My Himalayas tour - Kathmandu (VNKT) to Lukla (VNLK) to Paro (VQPR)

Before heading to Japan, here’s a challenging but gorgeous tour of the Himalayas, from Kathmandu to Lukla in Nepal, to Paro in Bhutan. :sunglasses:

Lukla and Paro are considered two of the most challenging airports in the world, and while Paro was fairly easy in the sim, Lukla definitely was not. :scream:

6 Likes

I just did the Kathmandu to lukla myself today, once you start getting close to lukla the scenery gets pretty epic, would love to catch a flight there one day in real life just for the experience. lovely screens btw thanks for sharing!

Same here, there’s plenty of videos on Youtube showing the youtubers scared to death haha.

1 Like

My absolute favourite area to fly, with the only plane I ever fly the Diamond DA 62 by Vertx. There are some really nice liveries already for the DA 62 - the blue for me is meh :wink: I like the burgundy or this one.

I flew into Pero today in the G58. Did the airport scenery look ok for you? When I landed, I noticed the fencing and bushes along the runway where all floating a good 20 to 30 feet in the air…:thinking:

Everything looks fine on my end.

Do you have a flight plan to share that I could use? Thanks for sharing the screenshots. They are gorgeous. I did fly around Mount Everest and the scenary was epic. I also flew over the Kanchenjunga(third highest peak in the world) in Sikkim, India and that mountain was a disappointment, as it was not rendered properly. Hope, MS updates the more accurate DEMs for this part of the world soon.

Not at the moment unfortunately, I didn’t save it, but I used pretty standard planning from the sim’s map.

The only thing is that you have to stray to the south to approach Lukla and the turn back in eastward because there is no approach besides visual (which AFAIK is accurate) and if you approach straight you’ll go into a mountain haha.

The provided approaches to Paro are accurate (compared to Navigraph’s charts) so following those works fine.

Sweet shots!

It must’ve just been a glitch. Everything was fine when I went there again yesterday. When it happened, I took off and landed there, but it was dark when I took off, so I only noticed it when I came back in when it was light. It had just surprised me😅 Thanks

1 Like