My joystick profile is never saved

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick which is recognised by FS.
I go into the Controls setup and the Preset Manager.
Duplicate the default profile, name it to “My joystick” and change the buttons to my liking.
Validate each change and finally click “Apply/Save”.
If I leave the sim and return “My joystick” profile is not available.
Any ideas please? This is the only problem I have with the sim to now.
TIA

I’ve asked about backing up peripheral profiles/configurations in another forum (see it here). If we knew where to look or better yet have the option to save or copy it to a location of choice that would be nice.

I assume you are connected to internet? The profile is saved in the cloud on a server with your account data. Perhaps deleting the profile first then setting up again and re-saving would help?

Thank you MinimumFuel. Yes, I am connected to the Internet.
I have no idea of how to get to the profile if indeed it has been saved.
If it has the darned thing does not load back in again.

I had a similar problem where the new profile was lost every time I created it. I finally got it to stick by using the existing profile name but just added a few characters at the end, rather than overwriting the whole name. It behaved after that with any changes reliably saved. Might have just been a coincidence.

Please note the Code of Conduct prohibits creating duplicate threads on the same issue as it bloats search results, splits the conversation and ends up harming the forum environment.

This topic is a duplicate and as such is closed. Please refer to this thread for further discussion: Game Settings not Saving