My MSFS RGTI (Ray Traced Global Illumination shader) ReShade Preset

Hey guys!

I created a ReShade Preset for MSFS that uses Pascal Gilchers RTGI (Ray Traced Global Illumination shader). Opposite to some other ReShade Preset Creators, i dont throw as many effects as possible together and hope it looks kinda good. No.
I try to use as less as effects as possible to achieve a more realistic look. Every effect has its purpose.

This preset uses only 4 effects:

• RGTI (Ray Traced Global Illumination shader)
  • qUINT ReGrade (White Balance / Color correction)
  • AMD Fidelity FX (CAS - Contrast Adaptive Sharpening) - obsolete with SU10, it will be integrated natively
  • Bloom effect (just a wee bit for some immersive effect)

The goal of this preset:
Taking advantage of RGTI in the first place and achieve a more realistic and natural look in MSFS.

What you need to know:

• There will be a performance impact.
  • While my preset is free, RGTI shader is not.
    You need the “Beta Supporter” (5 USD) role on Pascal Gilchers Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/mcflypg/posts
  • for now, no tutorial/manual. You have to install the latest ReShade version and Pascal Gilchers RGTI shader by yourself, but its all out there on his discord and youtube. I will create a tutorial soon ™

Now, before i put this on flightsim.to, with a detailed tutorial on how to install, i would like some feedback first.
Attached you will find some Image sliders for comparison (click the links).

Let me know what you think, feeback appreciated. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The images look great, but I can’t seem to find your ReShade anywhere. Did you end up releasing it or did you cancel the project?

Does this work in VR?

Hey guys, just to let everyone know that stumbles over this every now and then:
I did not develop the Preset any further, as the Effects just consume too much FPS and to explain the whole process to get it working as intended is way too much effort for an average user.

Also there was a bug that spammed the CPU at some point. There was an easy workaround for that, but again, it is too intimidating to present this to average users. The potential issues and performance losses are not worth it.