My new cockpit

Pretty satisfied with my cockpit so far. I think I will add more to it in the future, but for now im happy with it. Any good ideas on how to improve it further?

8 Likes

Looks nice and tidy!!

What cpu are you running? Is that a 120mm rad?

Defiantly need a Mini-bar, with drinks & snacks, for those long flight —

4 Likes

Heres the pc with specs. I actually have very little knowledge when it comes to pc, so i just bought a prebuildt gaming pc that a friend of me recommended.

Now you need to enclose it, isnt really a cockpit if your sitting in the middle of a room with windows and lights and all ;p

1 Like

Frozen food and no microwave, or at least a toaster oven… :rofl:

Nice! But you need a plate for that sandwich! :grinning:

Add a radio and autopilot stack.

Anyone know how hide Safari or Chrome URL field. Is it possible to show on fullscreen the MCDU?

I never thought about it. Not home to test. Try this chrome full screen - Google Search

Have now added the M2 motion rig from Dof Reality. Next up i think will be a Buttkicker😄

1 Like

Buttkickers are great, love my one

Have you tried the M2 yet, just wondering what the effect is like

What type of buttkicker do you use? The platform works great, i combine it with VR. Much more powerful movements than i expected. Have to tame it a little when flying bigger or slower planes😂

Its the ButtKicker Gamer 2 - an older model but was marked down to a good price, its the same as the newer model apart from the new one has LED displays on the amp for level etc, mine does not.

My issue is that i dont use VR - the 3080ti is just not good enough for the quality i want, i’ve tried the G2 and the Pico4 and while the Pico4 can give the quality, it was only at 2fps so useless. I’m not sure a motion rig will work well with a triple monitor setup?

Thanks for the advice😁 I dont know, but i think it maybe would feel a bit weird if the screens stays in place while the chair is moving. I think a full motion rig may be a better choice for that use. But i have seen videos of people using the M2 with stationary screens too, and they seemed pretty happy about it. I can imagine another potential problem would be that those milliseconds of delay from what you see on your screen and the movement could feel a bit weird. You dont necessarily notice that too much in VR because you cannot see your surroundings.

I can relate to the quality issues in VR with the G2 and the 3080ti. I have considered buying a more powerful pc because of that. My motherboard doesnt support the newest I9 cpu so i think im better off selling the whole pc and buying a new one.

1 Like

Have you seen those new “buttkicker” options where they’re actually seat pads you put in your chair? Then they have a bunch of different areas on the pad that emit feedback? I posted on here a while back asking for advice on buttkickers and someone pointed those out, looked interesting…

Yes i have considered those. I wonder if those are better than the “original” buttkicker. They are a bit more expensive tho