My personal opinion

on XBOX S

Mainly used the PMDG 737 and enjoyed it very much in SU 14 and early versions of SU 15 beta. Only thing that bothered me a bit was that sometimes sim stopped to inject clouds in-flight. One can solve this quite easy: if you save panel state in the PMDG and save the flight (flt-file) you have real weather and clouds back when continue flight by loading .flt-file, only missing the “tool-bar” (and with this ATC).

But now with terrible LOD and the new time-bug (sim changes time) it turns for me from enjoying the sim to not-enjoyable.

I’m kind of amazed this aircraft even loads on an Xbox Series S

3 Likes

We work rather hard to make sure our products work on all platforms. We do not advise the Xbox S as a platform, but when used with moderate settings it should work.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG

2 Likes

I have been experiencing some issues and behaviors on xbox series S as well. One of them that is really annoying is the fact that some aircraft’s avionic just turn off for no reason even if the flight simulator has opened 8 minutes ago - even cessna 172.

The PMDG 737 and the A310 and now A320 from inbuilds might affect the ground graphic in flight doesn’t matter if the plane is on the ground or even on cruise altitude, if the airport has a complex scenario, for my country like Congonhas airport, just forget it many flights the avionics turned off but the airplane continues “running engines”.

Avionics turning off is a memory saving measure built by Asobo, not PMDG (search for “ABO” in this forum).

Someone at Asobo thought it was a good idea to turn off Avionics when memory gets low. SU15 will lower the texture resolutions instead of turning off avionics.

2 Likes

Wat?? How!

WHY!?!

Probably to avoid a CTD/sim freezing.

It just shows this sim/game is just too much for xbox but asobo still pushed ahead. Down graded it for pc users, and now its buggy as hell, however its still amazing to have as after flight simulater x i didnt think we would see another microsoft flight sim. Although when i get a ctd its more than annoying

I’ve been repeatedly ‘reminded’ that developers don’t ‘detune’ aircraft models to accomodate Xbox users. Or that if they do it doesn’t negatively affect those with high-performance PC’s.

Nor does Asobo ‘detune’ sim performance for the same reason.

We do not feel that need. If you follow Microsoft’s best practices and are as frugal as possible with your resources, things will work fine. The whole idea that things are dumbed down for Xbox is a myth that needs to die.

Mathijs Kok
PMDG

5 Likes

Word.

10 characters.

2 Likes