My plane goes Wibbely Wobbly after pausing with escape button for couple of hours

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Diamond Aircraft DA62

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

DA62

Brief description of the issue:

After pausing msfs with the escape button for couple hours the plane goes wibbely Wobbly all over

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

This is not a Technical Support Response

If you’re using Active Pause (Default action for ESC), weather, wind and kinetic effects the plane would have been subjected to during the paused time are all applied at once once exiting the mode back into real time. This isn’t a bug.

Better to use Set Pause On and Set Pause Off instead of Active Pause as the resultant effects are less noticable. This does require giving up two keys or buttons on a controller.

2 Likes

Ok,thanks for the info!Now the wibbly wobbly has stopped!

ohhh – even escaping to the menus is “active pause” ? This explains some weirdness. TY

Escape is NOT active pause but takes you to the menu. Never have problems with this.
Richard

1 Like

Why is everything about the menu system so complicated. Wouldn’t it have been obvious to allocate the keyboard PAUSE button to pause and un pause the sim. It seems the sensible answer.

There are several drawbacks in each method of pausing msfs.In active pause and hitting the escape button the kinetics are Wibbely Wobbly after you paused the game. And saving a flight you loose your flightplan once you reload this flight.

Strange how we seem to have such different experience! The pause button does do ‘active pause’ on my win11 version and I have never changed that. Never use it either as active pause causes chaos!
Never changed what escape does either. It goes to the menus and pauses everything, even atc chatter. Never had an issue on clicking resume either, though I don’t think I have been more than an hour.
Richard

I must say that i left my pc on for several hours, i even left my pc on overnight to continue my flight next morning.

ESC is Active Pause - if you go to Menu, Active Pause is the method used.

Set Pause ON and Set Pause OFF are unmapped by default.

When I use Set Pause ON, the sim stops, but I do NOT go to the menu. I remain at my last point of view, either in-cockpit or external.

Institutional knowledge stemming from early launch days back in '20.

Sorry, I really don’t agree. When in the menus everything stops!

Well, you can map it and see for yourself. The sim will not stop Live time progression or Live AI traffic progression regardless of Pause method. Weather and wind effects are less cumulative coming out of Set Pause OFF. That’s been true since about Sept 2020 when these settings became hot topics.

I will go for the “save flight” when exiting. And re-load the flight when starting msfs and re-enter the flightplan in the Garmin G1000 MFD. Its not too hard anyway when you know how to handle the G1000
 The good thing with this is you can shutdown your pc overnight.

It use to happen to me after pausing flight and rejoining resulting in plane going in steep dive or turn sharply in either direction.It would move away from the flight plan path but I would still get it back on route by using heading mode or switching off AP for a while and getting the plane on its course manually.

However it has been my experience that if I leave the flight on and move away from Xbox without pausing,it will go into sleeping mode after a while and eventually shut down.On starting the console again the flight may or may not resume.

In other words one has to constantly tweek with the mouse to continue a long flight.Doesn’t happen all the time though hence living with it.