My setup for FlyByWire A320NX - real EFB/ECAM

Played around with ECAM today!

Popped out the PFD and MFD displays to laptop screen (Dell G3 15 i7-10750 16GB/RTX2060 6GB) Popped out the FlyByWire electronic flight bag to an old iPad running freeware app XDisplay wired.
(XBox controller to fly the drone camera).

EGCC Macco Simulations Manchester airport.

9 Likes

How’d you… what…?

1 Like

That’s actually so cool!

1 Like

Wuuuuut! Love it :slight_smile: I’m especially interested in the FlyPad on the iPad. I have a Microsoft Surface tablet though so I have no idea how to set up such a thing!

1 Like

To be honest, couldn’t believe it myself when I got this working!.
So full setup - download Splashtop Wired XDisplay agent for PC from splashtop.com (Free) and iTunes for PC. Load the Splashtop Wired XDisplay free app from your App Store (I used an iPad 2 on iOS 9! - guessing works on Android too, make sure data cable is genuine so it does the link and charges from USB). Start the Splashtop program on the PC and it automatically detects the iPad. Set Display to “extended desktop” in Windows settings. Now you can drag ANY Window to the iPad. So in FS2020, use Alt-Gr+/left mouse to pop-out and drag any of the cockpit glass displays - amazingly the EFB screen works! Job done.

2 Likes

Definitely works on iPad and should work on Android. Ive never used a Surface but I’m guessing because its Windows O/S and so is the PC. you can probably use it as an extended display without 3rd party software. I would google this if that helps

1 Like

A good shout! I’ll do some research. Cheers! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m with others! How on earth?! That’s brilliant… :+1:

1 Like

One little question: How did you get your PFD and MFD Displays mirrored on the Laptops Screen? I know for example the ATC window has this button to get it into window mode, but how to get this done with PFD/MFD?

Hi. The standard feature is to press and hold Alt-Gr+ key and hover the mouse over the display until the + appears, the left click mouse and drag to laptop screen. Must be set to extended display in settings if not already. Hope this helps

1 Like

I wonder if all the people building these fancy setups have ever thought about just buying a VR headset?

I’ve tried it on a few occasions. Five minutes under a VR headset and I’m ready to puke my guts out. VR is not for everyone.

1 Like

Hello,
I moved your topic to Third Party Addon Discussion > Aircraft.

1 Like

How to you get your saitek multi panel to work with fbw?

Home - SPAD.neXt (spadnext.com)

edit
Common Hardware - FlyByWire Simulations Documentation

But spad cost around 25 euros, is it free way for it to work?

25,- of money well spend i’d say, and it has a 14 day trial.

1 Like