Mysterious Floating Orbs for Night Lighting at Airport

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
XBox series X

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Point lighting at EGPF airport at night time is coming from an ‘orb’ like source. It floats in the air and radiates in all directions. Interestingly they can also disappear behind clouds too when you pan around. You pass them when you taxi to the gates. Not sure if this is a local EGPF issue or all airports are like this?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Travel to airport EGPF in this case, at nightime and taxi to any gate area where the ground is brightly illuminated. Orbs are the source. The orbs are quite noticable and repeated around gates everywhere. They light the ground up, but have no supporting structure. They can hide behind clouds too if you switch to external/drone view & pan around them. (shown in pics)

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
XBox series X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
1.19.0 but could ahbve been there before.

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

This is a known issue and has been present on PC’s long before the console release. These are lights that are supposed to be on poles, but the poles aren’t there. Good thing too, because some of them are right in the middle of taxiways. They vanish “behind” clouds because you’re not supposed to see them from the air if there are clouds over the airport.

1 Like

I deleted the game off my drive on my Series X and reinstalled it last night. It fixed the floating tower beacon lights. I can now see the beacon towers instead of a floating light. And it also seems to have fixed the mouse cursor disconnect issue. For how long I have no idea.

1 Like

I guess that makes sense. Are they at every airport or just some? They are very noticeable taxiing around. I guess we’re just meant to taxi on by and not inspect. Sometimes my local airport is also missing terminals, ie it just has jet ways wasn’t sure if it was linked to that or not, but probably a separate issue.

Fingers crossed on the mouse control. Not going down the reinstall route yet. I may have to at some stage.

1 Like

Probably not all, but I know they’re at KGSO.

1 Like

I’ve seen this as well at airports, probably light posts without the posts.

1 Like

Still an issue