Mystery update?

On the heels of another one of these mystery, unannounced, unacknowledged updates to the game client on Steam 30 days ago, here it is again. Steam updated the client once more. Still version 1.26.5.0.

Has an update with more telemetry monitoring been pushed to Steam without telling us? Some acknowledgement would be nice.

I just booted up and didn’t get anything on my end.

1 Like

Airdac? is that what its called. I just played a couple of mins ago and saw nothing either.

No update for me, yet. I generated MD5SUMs before launching Steam.

Airac updates come through the client, installation manager, not Steam.

These two mystery updates and a GPU driver update have significantly improved and stabilized my frame rate a lot !!

Steam does such minor „updates“ alot.

1 Like

Only when files are pushed by the publisher though. They don’t randomly update stuff of their own accord. Microsobo obviously pushed SOMETHING for Steam to push this update. They did this last month too. Exactly 30 days ago… It was never ackknowledged.

[HOTFIX] Release Notes Version 1.26.5.0 - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums maybe?

1 Like

That was a week ago. I’m all up to date. I’ve been flying all week. And as @HawkMoth9135 pointed out, they updated on Steam 6 hours ago.

Asobo most definitely pushed a new build.

You might have mistaken me for someone else, but do Steam updates always get applied at the same time as the MS Store updates?

We did not have any releases scheduled for today, and I personally have not had a new build pushed to my install. Has anyone other than @Crunchmeister71 received an update?

3 Likes

What driver are you now using?

Steam says there was an update to the build 6 hours ago.

The same thing happened exactly 30 days ago as per steamdb.info

No Steam update for me.
I just checked @ the time of this posting.

Neither here (Argentina)

Nvidia 516.40 !

Not only is it a mystery update, it’s a mystery that I’m not receiving the mystery update. Should I feel special, or deprived?

1 Like

Maybe it thinks your on Xbox? that would be amusing.

1 Like

Steam + Xbox = Steambox? Sounds sweaty.

4 Likes

Well he is an inflatable pilot ;p