Navigation software for simming 2022

Hi,
I am considering use navigation software to get easily charts and approach maps.
What are your experience or recommendation for navigation software for simming in mid 2022?

Thanks.

Navigraph for sure.

4 Likes

navigraph is king (subscription required) otherwise skyvector offers charts but only from US

another option is chartfox which is free and covers the world though the database may be out of date and you may not find every airports chart out there

1 Like

If you want to use something free of charge, AirMate is a great app for your spare tablet that has AIP charts from all over the world.
If you have budget for payware, as others have suggested there are several options available for different wallet sizes.

1 Like

For VFR, you can’t beat ForeFlight for features – but because it’s made for real-world pilots they charge ya through the nose. :wink: A particular thing to watch out for: a default subscription only gets you one “region” of charts, like “USA” or “Europe”. To get another region they’ll charge you more.

For those willing to pay a more modest fee, Navigraph charges a lot less for worldwide chart access – for sim usage only – and they’re working on more VFR-focused features (in beta now IIRC, not yet released).

For IFR, Navigraph has you covered on charts, and IMHO their pricing is pretty reasonable if you sim a lot. A subscription also unlocks the latest nav data on SimBrief, which is great for building IFR flight plans.

(As I understand a lot of other tools can pull in the Navigraph charts if you have a subscription, but I have less experience with them.)

4 Likes

Little Navmap (with OFM theme for Europe VFR). Excellent, free.

3 Likes

LittleNavMap for planning. Navigraph for charts.

5 Likes

Little NavMap works great for me. And it’s free. Alex Projects - Little Navmap

2 Likes

As a real PPL Pilot I use SkyDemon for my VFR flights and this is great because you can use it also in MSFS with MSFSBridge. So I can make a virtual flight with a real plan and then I can use the same plan to fly this route in real!

2 Likes

VFR → Little NavMap (free, really superb addon)
IFR → Navigraph

FltPlan Go for the US and Canada. Has everything you need for VFR and IFR and charts are georeferenced. You can see yourself moving around on the app (I use it on both my iPad and Pixel phone). It’s what I use to fly on the VATSIM network and works great and best of all it’s free.

100% freeware Simtoolkit Pro with charts or payware Navigraph.

2 Likes

Several excellent recommendations, navigraph for route planning and downloading FP to Sim. Skyvector for free route planning, more work maybe, but also lots of free charts, airport maps, etc. If no price increase, 5 USD month for Navigraph, 8.20 Euros about 8 USD now. It’s on my list to resubscribe, once I get more proficient with the 737. It also will work in X-Plane 11 and assumed 12. So, two birds for one price.

1 Like

Hi there,
We ask that people use the Third Party Addon Discussion category when talking about add-ons. I have moved your thread.

1 Like

I checked AirMate - mobile application is quite slow and contains some bugs. Good tool, but I don’t see any updates for couple years. IFR, VFR.
Skyvector - good web application, perfect for US, good for other parts of the world. IFR, VFR.
SkyDemon - perfect mobile application, good approach charts, focus on European market. Payware. VFR.
Navigraph - perfect applications, worldwide IFR charts. Payware, IFR.

Nothing beats the Navigraph subscription. Real Jeppesen charts.