Navigraph Integration into Working Title

3rd party a/c are able to import Simbrief Flight Plans though. The FSR500 is a good example as it also can display position on external iPads etc. using Navigraph. I believe HondaJet and the Cirrus Vision Jet were the first to include FP import using the Navigraph Plug-in.

Navigraph are also talking about Xbox users being able to keep the navigation Db up to date.

Hopefully Working Title can implement the Navigraph plug-in in all the GPS units as this would provide Xbox users the functionality on all a/c.

It’s not Working Title who implements it. Navigraph uses the open framework in each Garmin to create a custom plug-in. That’s why they haven’t created one yet for the CJ4, they’re still awaiting the SDK documentation for the framework.

What I was really getting at was if all the WT GPS had the plug-in any a/c could call up the WT GPS and have the functionality. Engine parameters are different for each a/c already so whatever variables need to be set for the NG Plug-in could be handled the same way.

Probably an over simplification here but getting the plug-in in is as many a/c as possible must surely be the goal. It adds so much to the immersion.

I think you’re misunderstanding the situation. The plug-in is built by Navigraph. Working Title as a Microsoft 1st Party has no authority, intention or responsibility to distribute a plug-in (or the data the plug-in uses) that they’re not licensed to disseminate. It’s up to Navigraph to build the plug-in for as many FMS as they can, assuming that a plug-in framework, SDK and sufficient documentation exists for each unit. We’re getting off-topic here, feel free to start a separate conversation in General Discussion if you’d like.

I do realize that they’re separate entities. I’m just suggesting that the parties work together to the common goal. Teamwork! Like many other partnerships within MSFS.

Again, this has been covered many times. The licensing precludes collaboration. Think about the fact that Microsoft has a partnership with Airbus for the stock sim’s NavBlue navigation data. How would that go over do you think with Airbus? :slight_smile: Let’s take this to the other sub-forum if you really want to break this down.

Is this why we don’t have Navigraph charts integration in ATR-72 and A310?

My paragraph did start with “Hopefully…”

Just because that’s how it is today doesn’t mean that it can’t change in the future. I’ll carry on hoping if that’s OK with you and you can carry on believing that it’s set in stone.

Moved because it was getting way off topic in ATC, Traffic & NAVAIDs

There’s a lot of systems without Navigraph Charts support. Again, it requires that Navigraph build a plug-in for each FMS type. If the FMS doesn’t have a plug-in, SDK and documentation, no charts plug-in can be created.