Navigraph not functional for VR

August 13, 2021 I spent the entire day trying to get MY navigraph subscription set up in the Cessna Longitude.

The drop down box from the helpbar logs in ok, but you have to do it each time you start up MSFS 2020. Not good.

It also scroll consistently to the smallest type, making the navigation box in VR very high shimmering and very small text regardless of zoom - zoom in text jumps back to small - making it totally unsusable in VR.

The other way, linking through the utilities on the MFD keypad. You must also sign in, a 2nd type of sign in, different the help bar sign in, and you have to do it every time you log into MSFS 2020 - also NOT GOOD.

In addition, it is a ■■■■ shoot as to whether the charts will come up or not, even when navigraph tells you you are signed in.

So, for now, my paid subscription to Navigraph is a total waste of my money.

I only fly in VR, and in VR, navigraph has two ways to sign in, for two different methods of displaying charts in the cockpit, both have to be RE-LINKS with every login of MSFS 2020, and neither way is readable in VR

Total waste of my money.

UPDATE:
To be clear-I am not saying there is ANYTHING wrong with navigraph or the way they implemented the product into VR.

But what I was saying is that it is totally unreadable as it was. Asobo will need to fix VR.

Since it looked like it would be a long time before we see an update to fix all the things that the last update broke, (update 5) I started playing around with settings on my own.

Quite by accident, I got my VR crystal clear, enough to make my navigraph subscription to be readable in the drop down menu in VR.

Here’s what I did:
I use Pimax 5k+
I set the Pimax software to max rendering (about 200%).
Then I set steam vr to 100% rendering.
Then I ignored MSFS 2020 PC and set MSFS VR to 100% rendering with everything else to ULTRA or high if no ULTRA was available.

I admit is was out of desperation, but when I looked in the VR, for the first time since this flight sim came out, I could sit in my seat and clearly read the PFD and MFD without squinting and zooming in. I could not believe it.

Then I opened the toolbar and did the navigraph drop down box.
There was still significant shimmering of the box, but the lettering was crystal clear and readable.
The zoom in problem is still there (needs to be looked at by navigraph) but zooming in all the way, on the map you can now read the waypoints.

Although my navigraph is still not crystal clear like the PFD and MFD and cockpit, It is now readable and usable.

One last note. I will need to further test to make sure this was not some one off fluke. When I attempted a 2nd look, I got distracted with the fact that steam vr had updated and changed the settings, so I had to go in and redo that, but I anything else happens, I will report it here.

In the mean time, my cockpit is clear and my navigraph is doing what I paid for.

This is my mileage.
Yours may vary.

… and may I ask, why you don’t report this directly into the Navigraph forum to get any help from the devs there?

Cheers
Richard

I fly with the Navigraph panel in VR and it works like a charm. Very readable and no problem with charts not showing. Agree, it is annoying to enter your code at every start of the sim, but I make it a part of my pre-flight checks. For me it changed flying in VR big time…

2 Likes

The login problem is widely reported, but there has been no sign of a resolution. I also make the login as part of my preflight. Only takes a second. As far as image clarity is concerned, I totally agree that bringing the Navigraph window into FS is terrible as AA is virtually non-existant. However, for the planes that incorporate charts into the instrument panel, the image is excellent in VR. It is remarkable that such small text can be easily read at a distance. All credit to Asobo for that.

I use Navigraph in the Longitude and CJ4 almost daily with VR. Here are my steps that work every time. 1) While in 2D mode bring up Navigraph and authenticate using my phone. 2) Launch VR 3)Launch Navigraph in VR and it will come up perfectly without needing to authenticate again. 4) Enjoy Navigraph. I find the monthly Navigraph fee worth every cent.

2 Likes

NAVIGRAPH FOR VFR IS OUT
If You have a Navigraph accourt, you must download and Install Navigraph
You could view an wordpress article
https://projectspheres.wordpress.com/2022/02/06/flight-simulator-2020-tool-navigraph/#NAVIGRAPH-FOR-VFR-CHARTS-IS-OUT