Navlog showing no waypoints

How is this still an issue in 2024?!

This is still happening! The navlog never really worked for me.

Iā€™ve tried the workaround described by @TraveledWave93 but didnā€™t work. Itā€™s very disappointing that this bug is still happening after all these years.

Does anyone suggest any new workaround, please? Thank you.

Wow not only does that workaround not work anymore, for some reason the flight plan is empty on the MDCU - no destination / arrival airport are showing, and then the world map gets buggy with the arrival and runway dropdown boxes being unresponsive. I have to restart flight sim just to ā€œresetā€ the world map. Then, if I try to load a flight file from the cockpit, the sim freezes on loading the flight file and requires a restart.

Iā€™ll look at the .flt file to see if anything is stopping the navlog to work but so far after an hour of trying a few things, Iā€™ve got nothing.

I really hate this low-level, persistent bugginess. After a year all these basic navigation problems should have been solved, let alone after 4 years. It makes me think FS 2024 will be more of the same frustration. Iā€™m definitely not buying it right away because Iā€™m in no hurry to be frustrated with a new program.

I love that they had the time to program the Dune expansion though. Youā€™d figure they would charge $150/yr for a bug-free experience with subscription updates. I certainly would pay for an enhanced production version with with no bugs. They could call the regular cheaper version a ā€œbetaā€ version which would justify perpetual bugs.

[Moderator edit: please do not tag the Community Managers] Iā€™m tagging you because I donā€™t know who else to tag here that can help.

Any workarounds or any progress on this bug, please?

Hi @pharoeste
FYI, the Development Updates are a good place to see what the MS/AS team is working on. The latest update was about a week ago: May 16th, 2024 - Development Update - Microsoft Flight Simulator

This bug, with 12 votes at time of writing, is not on either of the two bug charts (lifetime & last 6 months).

I was having same problem with NavLog not showing waypoints when going from Gate to Gateā€¦I figured it out by mistakeā€¦Start your flight from a Departing Gate and end it at an Arriving Gateā€¦It will not show the waypoints. Go Ahead and take offā€¦After a couple minutes close your NavLog by clicking the Xā€¦Reopen it and the waypoints are thereā€¦ At least mine show upā€¦

I have been experimenting with the drop down navlog. What I discovered is that if you select custom waypoints on the world map (still havenā€™t figured how to enter precise coordinates or names for each) then the dropdown navlog shows all of them albeit with the word custom for each! The Navlog as it stands is an abomination!

Has anyone tried reinstalling

Yes I did sometime between my 2021 and 2023 posts but not because of this problem. Reinstalling made no difference.