Navlog showing no waypoints

I have created an IFR flight plan from Zurich to Geneva and saved it as a .pln file.
If the flight is started directly from the runway, the navlog shows all waypoints during the flight.

If the flight is started from a parking position, the navlog does not show any waypoints during the flight.

Is this normal or is it a bug in the program?

Heinz

It’s a bug, and you’ll probably find that the route on the world map has also been cleared. It happens often if you select a parking spot for start up from the map.
In my experience it works better if you find the parking spot in the departure pull down menu instead.

1 Like

Even when I choose the parking position from the pull-down menu, the navlog is empty.

Heinz

1 Like

still the same in the latest patch

still an issue. we need to get more votes to move this up.

I have the same issue, but only when I select the parking position from the map. Here is a video that shows the problem: MSFS Navlog Bug.mp4 - Google Drive

1 Like

[The pictures above show a normal start at the gate and a saved flight file starting at the same gate but with waypoints]

(update - right after typing this post I noticed the waypoints are wrong and the distance from Dulles to National is definitely not 107 NM. Even with a warm start on the runway I also get the same bad waypoints. These waypoints look like they are for DCA RNAV 33 not RNAV 19. The flight plan on the FMS has the correct waypoints though.)

This is still a problem when starting cold from the gate or parking.

The workaround is to start cold and immediately save the flight (for those new to MSFS: press ESC then SPACE, or click load/save in the bottom options bar). Then, load the flight (from the main menu) and you will have the waypoints even if you start cold in at the gate or parking.

You can also get waypoints like this mid-flight but you might cold start at cruise altitude (engines off, consoles off, APU off) though you can recover, losing only 7000 feet or so.

Either way, if you want live weather you first need to edit the weather section of the .flt file (I use notepad; search your computer for .flt files to find the location). The weather section should be exactly:

[Weather]
UseWeatherFile=True
UseLiveWeather=True
WeatherCanBeLive=True

The workaround to save, edit and load the flight file only takes about 3 minutes but sometimes at least on the A320 I just click the F-PLN button on the FMS (flight management system at the upper-left of the bottom-middle console) and look at the waypoints using the up/down arrow keys.

1 Like

My navlog is blank 95% of the time and has been since purchase (release day).
It is pathetic that this has not yet been fixed. I’m sure multiple reports have been sent to UnZenDesk but still the same.
I havent tried the workaround above. Why should we have to go through hoops for something so basic especially after nearly 12 months?
C’mon Asobo, sort it out for those of us who are experiencing this issue

EDIT: I miss the kneeboard from FSX. It was so much better than the navlog, which doesnt even show dynamic distance data for oncoming waypoints

1 Like

Mine is still doing this in 2022. Anyone solve this?

I just did two flights starting cold at the gate and the navlogs were populated with waypoints but I know it always was a sporadic problem. I say use whatever workaround is good for you and just assume the problem will never be solved completely.

At least for the stock A320 I haven’t used the navlog in months in favor of the MCDU, ND and panel clock. I can see every waypoint and its ETA (in the MCDU) and the distance to the next waypoint (in the ND).

Those route details in the MDCU and ND are enough for a mid-flight check on fuel for relatively long-haul flights. I compare {[total distance to destination in MCDU - next way point distance in MCDU + next waypoint distance in ND] / current ground speed in ND} with [fuel on board in ECAM / fuel flow in ECAM]. I’ve had fun doing a few unrealistic ~4400 NM flights in the A320 (Honolulu to Sydney, New York to Santiago Chile, etc.) and I figured mid-flight the plane would make it without refueling from the route info in the MCDU and ND.

Is anyone getting duplicate fixes (waypoints) in their flight plans? Almost anytime I enter a flight plan in any aircraft (or search a fix in the world map) it brings up a duplicate.

Still the same… Happy New Year 2023…

Hi @SchiffTier78739 (or anyone else who would like to respond),

Do you still have a copy of the .pln file? If so, could you share it in this bug report? Also, what aircraft were you using?

If anyone has a file they could share and say what aircraft this is happening in, that would be great!

XBOX X here and I have never had any waypoints/ heading etc details of any World map produced flightplans ever showing up in the drop down Nav log inflight,I just get one line of from / to if I remember correctly.

This is happening now with the new update. Can’t fly my sim.

The empty NAV seems to be a problem with any plane. Here is an example with the stock A320 for a flight plan from KCLT to KRIC (Charlotte, North Carolina to Richmond, Virginia) with a cold start at a gate. Waypoints are listed in both the plan file and flight file.

kclt to kric empty nav.PLN (5.0 KB)

Despite the emply NAV, the map displays the correct flight path. After firing up the electronics (e.g., pressing the battery button), the MDCU shows the correct flight plan even though the NAV is still empty.

P.S. There is some new weirdness mid-flight with the MDCU’s flight plan waypoint ETAs and distances with some being slightly incorrect. Also, mid-flight sometimes the map flight path is a few NM off and does not corresponding exactly to the flight path shown in the ND.

1 Like

I have a similar problem when starting cold and dark from the A310. Navlog only shows waypoints AFTER I programmed the flight plan in the MCDU.

How did you get waypoints in the Navlog through programming the flight plan in the MCDU?

I started cold at a gate with no flight plan, no destination, etc., just a starting gate at a chosen airport (in this case KCMH). I added KCMH/KCVG (Cleveland to Cincinnati) to the INIT ‘from/to’ on the MDCU. The sim recognized the entry, showed the route on the map and gave the prompt to request clearance to Cincinnati. I added no manual waypoints because I usually fly direct (from the world map menu, the sim will usually add some waypoints). When I eventually get an approach and landing runway from ATC I enter that into the MDCU. But either way the Navlog is still empty from gate start via the world map menu, with or without a landing runway, with or without departure or approach, or choosing direct between airports. The Navlog remained empty even after I entered an approach and landing runway.

I do type in manual waypoints (and I just wing it with the SIDs and STARs, relatively new here), and they pop up in the navlog. As said, the VFR map shows the waypoints as usual, so I scroll through it to get the path.
However, I do state a destination and flight plan in the menu, but the plane and navlog show nothing once I start it up. Hence, I have to type it in.
EDIT: I noticed that this only happens when I fly in an A310, when the MCDU doesn’t save the flight plan when it’s cold and dark. I only just started using the A320, so I still have to check how the navlog works there.

If you use the BA or Easy Jet Airliner add ons the waypoint works perfect, my system has not worked since launch…FRUSTRATING.