Nazca Lines and Geoglyphs

Take off from SPZA (Maria Reiche Neuman) and head roughtly WNW. As soon you get enough altitude, you will quickly see the lines covering the desert, most of it to the west of the highway (1S according to Google Maps).

I had no idea the lines were that bright!

2 Likes

Sadly most of the geoglyphes aren’t visible because of the ground texture resolution is too low :frowning:

6 Likes

Yeah, only after viewing the footage during editing I started do “see” them. Afterall, these satellite images are of higher resolution mostly on populated areas.

Was disappointed when I flew over these in my global tour. Hopefully they’ll spend some time to fix these like they have other heritage sites.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, but I can’t agree. From the point of view of someone who started playing Flight Simulator in a black and white wireframe view, being able to even see the shape of my building textured in the ground (the autogen buildings misses completely), I still feel mind blown. But hey! There’s still much room to improve!

1 Like

:smiley: Fair enough. Yes even compared to FSX which I played quite a bit, it is amazing!

2 Likes

But still, they could do better here, and really should. Nazca is such a one-of-a-kind place in the world. Even though lots of lines are of quite good visibility, most animals/figures are not.

1 Like

Flew over again today, hoping maybe the textures had improved, but sadly not. Some of the larger lines can be made out easily enough, but figures are just a stretch of the imagination still.

Yeah, I mentioned this sometime back elsewhere on the forum. I was disappointed with my flights over the area for the same reasons, but I am also disappointed in the general current state of South American terrain and city features. It seems that S. America has been completely ignored by the devs for the time being though it certainly could use a serious update. Hopefully they’ll get around to it as there is a lot of amazing places to explore down here.

2 Likes

I think they have shielded th geoglyphs with overlay or darkening these.
But there was an mod for this i do not know if still available on flightsim.to
Nazca lines they are real nice but do change colours of the ground textures also i do not know if these are googlemap replacement.
But they looked nice i think, i hope asobo will make this more visible in the sim with their original
But so far not much on updates south america unfortunatly.

1 Like

I was thinking I’d look into how to make a scenery update to this, but it it’s already available I saved myself the hassle. :slight_smile:
I’ll have a look for this!

1 Like

These palpa’s are even with or without this mod, stimulate imagination when flying GA aircraft.
When flying straight from the airport close to the mountain near the coast it looks like there is a story on the ground of an lama swimming to the coast followed by a giant serpent like animal.