(NDU registry change) Increase performance immediately! AMAZING!

I thought this would be the biggest snake oil or placebo ever, but my sim definitely feels a lot smoother after stopping that service.

3 Likes

Just to add: No Toolbar Pushback. I’ve been using it since 1.4.0 and I don’t think I’ve experienced any issues with it on my machine.

2 Likes

Further screenshots, even within 1 hour the CPU regression is clear to see.

Things I have tried (with no luck) include:

• Removing all addons
  • Physically removing ethernet cable from PC and then reconnecting
  • Disabling MSFS Cache
  • Disabling Windows Page File
  • Enabling Page File - twice size of RAM
  • Changing MSFS graphics settings
  • Closing developer mode then opening developer mode back up
  • Clearing Standby RAM

Zero issues with the latest version and I run in VR so I’d notice!

Problem identified: FBW Experimental/Developer version. With the stable version I have no CPU degradation - will notify FBW.
This solution though helped with all other aircraft :+1:

4 Likes

Just a little reminder to any old school guys on how we used to do this stuff back when.

Turn it off and on using notepad, am I a wizard? :smiley:

3 Likes

Lucky you!! Same here, it’s been perfect until the last few weeks tbh. GA flying I’m getting 50+ fps. I’ve narrowed it down to just the fbw now atm.

I’m Happy for you :grinning:

Performed the NDU registry change and still had FPS drop.

Next, I just removed the Toolbar Pushback myself after using it for the past several months. Performed a flight DTW-CMH. No FPS drop, using the FBW (latest exp) sitting at the gate after landing in CMH for 1hr. GPU still at 100%, same frames as when departing DTW.

Seems like the Toolbar Pushback jacks up the performance. THRILLED I can finally perform multiple leg flights

5 Likes

So, how to do get the data from the notepad to the registry? Magic? :thinking:

save it as a .reg and execute

however …

regedit

That wouldn’t work without:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Above it. :wink:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Ndu]
"Start"=dword:00000004

There is a handy Registry editor that also keeps track of changes you made and many other useful things.

Regcool Registry Editor

yes, that is the rest of the recipe

I just wanted to remind those that could/should make a simple tool to try it in different states.

1 Like

as expected :rofl:

Its much more probably that a mod cause stutters than these years ago reported ndu mem leak issue ( in none-paged area ).

2 Likes

Gonna give it a try also without Toolbar Pushback, thanks!

I can’t say I’ve noticed any fps issues at all with the latest toolbar pushback :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Sadly idea with disabling NDU does not work for me, I still have massive performance drop over time. Even though I have value 4:

After 30 minutes of flight:

Then, saving flight and loading it again:

Anyone with the toolbar pushback installed and with performance degradation and/or CTDs should remove the mod for now. It’s the current main culprit for either of those issues. At least give it a try without it (it’s not like it’s vital to the flight)

3 Likes

A friendly reminder.

1 Like