Need a Mod for front window into the darkstar!

I’m ok with adding a front window. For those who need it…. :wink:

1 Like

Someone recently changed the upper deck of the default 747-8i into a 747-8F.

So maybe its possible?

Cheers,
Nish

Putting a front window an aircraft that goes Mach 9 at 120,000 is not possible. You will also enjoy the tie into the actual movie here. I have been flying the Dark Star from Boston to UK lately to test it out. No problems landing at all. Oh, be familiar with the FPV - that’s the trick to landing fast or big airplanes.

1 Like

These are the examples I had in mind that made me think it’s possible. I don’t see why It cant be done unless the models are locked, but even then someone could theoretically make a virtual cockpit and use the systems. Obviously it would have to be freeware.

Back in fsx times it was as easy as just copying the cockpit files from another aircraft and putting them in the right place. hjehe 1/2 my planes had the 747 cockpit including some of the GA stuff ;p

Come to think of it, having to land the darkstar with that little front screen, is somewhat like the old sims… the FS3-FS4- era? not much color, a black strip… yeah, just like good old times, on a tiny display. We didn’t have these nice 30-and-up inch LCD’s back in the day, hahaha… yeah, i’m old…

Have a great Flight Chaps!

Woof ~ Woof & Salute!

Steiny

It needs lots of work and I hope the community rally as they did for the A320.

• Camera for front view on screen
  • Autopilot (because it is a 2030 class aircraft…)
  • Fix for scram jet temperature bug
  • Fix for scram jet internal glow
  • Fix for plasma not showing externally
  • Flight model needs lots of work
1 Like

I wish we could get a modder in here to tell us how possible that is!

I tried it tonight but all i managed to do was either remove the gauges or the entire VC… i suspect the internal model isnt really the internal model we are looking at the files. guess is the actual model is in the encrypted archive

Cool plane but it is absolutely pointless to have no forward view. Ruins it.

Of course I agree. But quick question, you said you were only able to remove the entire VC. Does this mean a completely new VC could be implemented here? Or is that not possible.