Need help with taxi and takeoff procedure

Hi guys

Can anyone help me with an issue I am facing with taxi and take-off. I follow the checklists to the letter and get ATC clearance for take-off but as soon as I get onto the runway and open the throttle, I get a warning for a taxiway incursion. The blue arrows showing me the taxi path stays up and it tells me I’m exceeding the 20 knots taxi speed. When I’m doing my downwind leg prior to landing (after requesting landing clearance), I can still see the blue taxi path next to the runway. Amy ideas for what I’m doing wrong/not doing?

Thanks,
Sandhir.

Is this repeatable at different runways and airports?

Turn off taxiway ribbon assistance and see if it persists. There are freeware copies of airport charts available if you need to know where you’re headed. Or learn one airport well enough to know how to get to the right runway end.

I have never seen such problem myself.

Are you on the right runway?

Once you stop at the hold short lines of the correct runway then you must switch to frequency that they told you to when you were asking for clearance and ask for take off clearance. Once given take off clearance, then you may take off. Keep in mind that you are never given take off clearance before you taxi.

Sorry if it sounds insulting, but are you doing all these:

1. Get IFR clearance
  2. Get permission to taxi - acknowledge instructions (blue arrows appear)
  3. Manually taxi to the runway (following first set of blue arrows)
  4. Stop at the hold position (end of first set of blue arrows)
  5. Switch to tower frequency and get take off permission (a new set of blue arrows appears leading you on to the runway)
  6. Taxi onto runway, then take off.

Be aware that a fair number of airports have the blue arrows pointing the wrong way at 5., as they are 180° out. For example, at EGSH (Norwich) the arrows point right, which takes you of the runway into a field, instead of pointing left onto the runway.

And if you are flying VFR, 2 through 6 still apply.

1 Like

lol, thx, I assumed :¬(

1 Like

Yes, I’m on the right runway.

Thanks, That’s exactly what I’m doing (flying on VFR, though so I ask for clearance for departure on VFR).
I get the tower clearance to take off and acknowledge, but I never get the blue arrows on the runway. The blue arrows stay on the taxiway. After I takeoff and flym and then land, it doesn’t record the takeoff and landing either.

1 Like

Thanks, but that’s exactly what I’m doing. I get permission to taxi. Then I taxi to the hold short line at the runway. Then I contact the tower and ask for permission to takeoff. I get the permission, acknowledge it and then start the takeoff. That’s when I get the taxi warnings and it doesn’t record my takeoff or subsequent landing.

Try a big airport, preferrably one of the handcrafted ones.
There have been problems with people stopping before the hold line, I always sotp with my nosewheel 4 or 5 feet over the stop line, and always a full stop, before asking as there have been issues at some airports with stopping before the line and not fully stopping.
There have also been a couple of airports where the stop line was in the wrong place.
One had it a few hundred feet before the runway, and the other was on the wrong side of the line, on the runway. ATC permission to take-off way too close to the runways - #9 by hobanagerik
It could be that the airport has forgotten it has a tower.

If you are running any mods or add on scenery, that might also cause an issue, in which case remove the add on scenery and retry. If it works, it’s a bug with the scenery.

If you don’t have any add ons, you need to check it at a few airports, to see if it is your sim, or the airport that is not working properly.
If it happens at all airports, it’s an issue with your copy of the game and you can report it as a bug in your game.
If it’s only at that one airport, then you can report it as a bug at that airport.

1 Like

Are runways mixed up since last update? At two different uncontrolled airports I chose runway to take off but when announcing taxi the game says the opposite runway (i.e. I choose runway 26 for take off, announcement says I taxi to runway 8).

Could this be related issue?

The controller determines what the ‘active’ runway is and clears you to it regardless of which runway you planned for. That is the way it works in real life. Adapt.

There was no controller. As I said, it happened on uncontrolled airports where pilot chooses which way to take off.

Are you saying the game changes chosen runway to the one I should be using based on wind or some other reason?

Turn off the warning messages/notifications.

I’ve gone 70mph down the taxiways with nothing said. Never ever heard Runway Excursion and I play on HARD.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.