Never CTD 1.5 years, but in last month 80% of times

I never had a problem with crashes to desktop since summer 2020, now lately the simulator is unplayable. CTD about 80% of times. Have not clue what is goin on, my settings have always been the same, I do not have anything in the community folder. No changes on my pc. Everything (Windows, Nvidia, etc is updated). The issue seems to happen when I switch left-righ-front with the external camera. About 20% of times I have no issue. I am no expert, but I see some people pasted some results they got from Windows Reliability. I post the details here, if there is someone who has an idea, or anything is welcomed, can’t stand this anymore, we are not supposed to be all engineers / IT technicians constantly trying to fix bugs etc. MANY THANKS in advance!

WINDOWS hardware error:

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffff8306ef2a7010
Parameter 2: fffff80592b1cd60
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 3cf8
OS version: 10_0_19044
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19044.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 6153

Critical Event: Flightsimulator.exe - Stopped Working:

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.22.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash
Package Full Name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.22.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application Name: praid:App
Application Version: 1.22.2.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: FlightSimulator.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.22.2.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000001b250aa
OS Version: 10.0.19044.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 6153
Additional Information 1: f657
Additional Information 2: f657e081b736a0ac1fcc98a230dcb359
Additional Information 3: 3e8e
Additional Information 4: 3e8ef53a39a82b7760b788836fbdded6

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 2a85bee38ccbd46f883756afff98fc38 (1744958694536838200)

What are your PC specs?

@TheSevenflyer Hello, thanks and let me know if you need further details:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 3.80GHz 32 °C
Comet Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1333MHz (16-18-18-35)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING (LGA1200) 35 °C
Graphics
24G2W1G4 (1920x1080@144Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (ZOTAC International) 43 °C

If it just started, my first suggestion, Try different Nvidia drivers, search for more info.

Same here, but I’m finding my issue to be with live weather. I switched to a static preset and have been good the last three flights. Sucks because I’d much rather stick with live weather, but finishing my flights is currently winning out.

Removing live traffic helps as well.

So, you probably have noticed these responses, all are good advice.
Your system does seem capable, and you don’t seem to indicate overclocking, which can be a big cause.
I would start with drivers, as mentioned. If you have the latest, you may want to consider rolling back to an earlier version.
If you do have current drivers, before you roll them back, you should try the live weather and live traffic advice.
Try with them off, using a preset weather condition.
Let us know if any of this helps!
I believe Asobo is tackling these issues, but it is hard to say what, or when, results may happen.

There are most likely multiple thing that are changing a users CTD experiences.

The 3 obvious ones being

1. MSFS Version
  2. Video Driver Version
  3. Addons

1 - little control over - mandatory updates
2 - 100% control over - up to user to decide
3 - easily eliminated as cause – empty Community folder.

Since everyone (almost) is on the same Version of MSFS, and everyone can empty their Community folder, those two can be mostly eliminated as causing a difference between users experiences of CTD

That only leave VIDEO DRIVER (as well as other windows Updates etc )
and of course, hardware issues …

But none of the above really explain why X-Box users are having differing experiences and varied degrees of Crashes …

Thanks to everybody. Forgot to mention that lately I am not using live weather, so the issue is happening with preset. Never used multiplayer and live traffic, everything is off. My version is the DVD one and not Steam. This leave me with Nvidia drivers according to your suggestions above. I have always been told to update everytime… I really hope it’s Asobo’s issue and they will fix soon. If I keep getting CTD I will try to roll back the Nvidia latest driver and let you know. Much appreciated (it seems these updates just create problems, also in summer 2020 the buildings were better!). I let you know

1 Like

Follow these steps…

Also worth looking at BIOS drivers, motherboard drivers etc. and making sure they are up to date

Check to see if you loaded the latest Realtek Audio driver. That was my CTD culprit. After 10 days of constant CTDs, I haven’t had one since yesterday after removing latest RealTek Audio Driver.

1 Like

Is Hags(Hardware acceleration enabled? as with 3 or 4 drivers before this latest GPU driver I was getting guaranteed crashes using hags. With latest driver its been fine for me but usually gets messed up when sim gets updated again.

Hi All, HAG is on @DORRAGER. Everything is updated. Just to give you an update, had a couple of flights these days and CTD happened about 50% of times.
The problem event name is always, as posted above, the MoAppCrash which I do not know what it means. Live weather off, multiplayer off. The crashes are completely random, yesterday I had a flight with the A320 Calgary - Vancouver, scattered clouds, no issue at all. Today with Daher TBM, just crashed while taxing. If I really have to find a common point of the crashes, I’d say that most of them happen at departure airport, and almost always while I switch external camera left-right, it is crashing when I press the bottoms for left-right external camera, which I have on my airbus sidestick. Really the game became unplayable, no CTD at all before latest update! Really hope it will be fixed, if you have other advice/ideas all welcomed

Yeah have you tried it with Hags turned off? this is a common cause of CTD.

1 Like

I’ve seen the second one (with code 0000000001b250aa) appear here. MSFS had no focus at the time, I was configuring a flight plan in LittleNavmap while it just quit. I was on an airport, on the ground after landing with handbreak on and throttle off.

I get a CTD once per month or so. I’m on an i7 laptop with MX330 graphics. As far as I know there are no hardware errors. I don’t use any peripherals, frames are clipped at 20FpS… Addins include Shift-Z (installed last week) and a few aicraft and scenery, nothing near at the time of the crash.

I have tried everything, all possible combinations. Just updated the SIM, first flight, crash to desktop same error, while moving the external camera.

and this works ? … I mean it is a MX card (mobile), optimized for low power consumption. These cards are slighty better than the intel-in-chip-gpu, but for gaming and more for a very demanding flight-sim ?

I not checked in deepth the specs of these cards, but I would not wonder about possible issues with that.

1 Like

It works, I get 14-24Fps and no CTD’s or any other issues. It is slow and I fly Medium, but I’m really enjoying MSFS. When they work out DX-12 further and remove DX-11, I’ll need a new laptop, though !

1 Like

wow… really intressting… these MX cards are realy not fast and that they can manage MSFS in Medium in around 20fps is not bad. I think these models support also DX12 FL 12_1, so may be it will work in future too … but be carefully with the heat :slight_smile: