New AMD Chipset drivers - Fix for UEFI CPPC2 in Windows 11

Released today. Acording to release notes it fixes the “preferred cores” issues with AMD processors in Windows 11. Higly recommended if you are using Windows 11.

3 Likes

More info on the issues of AMD performance with Windows 11.

Acording to the article, the UEFI CPCC2 is fixed with the chipset update linked in the first post

The L3 Cache latency problem fix is programed to be released by a Windows Update Fix. Currently in Windows Insider test phase.

The CPCC2 fix is aimed at fixing core priority.

The windows update .228 released on the 19th to the public does not fix the L3 cache issue long term. The problem comes back for some after a few hours play.

I don’t subscribe to the insider programme. Is there a second insider update aiming to fix that?

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

The L3 cache anounced fix was released in Windows 11 Build 22000.282 for validation to the insider program.

I dont know if you are refering to the same build. Im not perciving any performance hit in my system after updating to Windows 11. Since I didnt benchmark my system I dont know if my system performance was affected and to what extent.

MSFS is running better in my system with the latest MSFS updates so I will wait for the patch to make it to the main branch of windows update and just apply it (with the several fixes that it contains) as I always do.

I really liked Windows 11. I really want this issue to be sorted. If this issue ever gets put to bed then I will upgrade back again the very next day.
Unfortunately, that build has also been reported to show the issue returns after time. Check my history.