New AMD Driver 21.5.1 Released

New PC, less than 3 months old. From the day one occasionally AMD driver timeouts with a 5600 XT. Called tech support, they upgrade driver to latest version and the 5600XT chipset updated too via remote. Next flight, another driver timeout. I called tech support the next day and told them what happened, and they said they would ship me a new 5600XT, because they felt it was likely the problem. Then I flew a week with zero problems, until the new GPU arrived. I installed the new GPU, and immediately got a driver timeout with 1 minute after starting MSFS. Called tech support again, he stress tested the GPU, worked fine. Then he updated chip set on the new GPU. Star MSFS, and driver timeout again after 30 seconds.

Now we are both thinking the new GPU must be defective, so I reinstalled the original GPU. Started up MSFS, and within a minute another driver timeout. Now tech support told me the best thing was for me to ship the PC back to them, which I am doing this morning. Meanwhile, got out my 8 year old Dell, and flying P3D.

Frankly, I think MSFS and AMD GPUs are a bad combination. I wish CLX would just replace the 5600 XT with a Nvdia GPU. I will never buy another GPU from AMD again.