New Fully-certified RL Icon A5

General information…
I see Icon got a version of their A5 fully FAA type certified. So users of that model will now require a full PPL with a seaplane rating for operation in the U.S… They still offer the S-LSA model for folks that don’t want to go the whole PPL route. Apparently allows easier licensing of the plane in some other countries. Doesn’t seem to be very different from the S-LSA model (other than about $45,000 more), so I doubt we’ll see any changes in the sim.
Regards

3 Likes

The type certification is for international sales which don’t recognize Light Sport Aircraft as their own category to fly in their countries. In US they will remain Light Sport, unless owner wants to pay the additional certification fee. Light Sport planes can fly anywhere in US or in any Caribbean countries that recognize Light Sports.

Wish someone would update aircraft to have the G3X screen and autopilot. X-Plane has an A5 version with a G1000 which is cool but really doesn’t come with plane.

Wish someone would update aircraft to have the G3X screen and autopilot. X-Plane has an A5 version with a G1000 which is cool but really doesn’t come with plane.

Same here. The Asobo realism mod does enable autopilot, but only through hot keys. Try it (press Z for wing level, Ctrl + N for nav mode, Ctrl + H for heading mode). But as you can imagine, without the actual buttons and knobs, it’s hard to use effectively.

I’m considering looking into the previous avionics mod myself and seeing if I can combine it with the asobo realism mod.