New GNS430 & GNS530 DIY

I made the jump to a full cockpit with very little VR time. Ordered 3 32” screens and started the build of the 430/530 setup with screens. Just can’t stop building I guess! :grin:. These are an Allan Glenn design with a few modifications.

3 Likes

More progress on both. First time powering up the 430. Waiting on some 90 degree adapters. Both unit w

ill be fully enclosed with just an HDMI and micro USB connector.

2 Likes

Looks very cool. I’m staying in VR for my setup lol, easier not having to deal with looks (I’m a neat freak when it comes to making it look like the real thing)

I fly VR a lot for sightseeing trips but, instrument flights and avionics practice is so much easier with a full cockpit.

Almost there. 430 and 140 done. Waiting on parts for the 530 and 76c.

2 Likes

Your skill is growing. Very nice. Have you considered a Snapmaker? Now with the newest model out the last model is hitting Ebay as many people are upgrading.

:thinking:. I have been considering something like this. I’m doing a complete redesign of my own for the G1000 suite. Building is addictive for sure.

@LTMcComb nice work on the builds. What display did you use for the GNS430?

Not an exact match but close enough. I modified the 3D print just a touch to fit it. I also cut off the tabs.
From Amazon

1 Like

I’ve decided to do a replica of the Asobo 172 Classic. The 530 and 430 are mostly completed. The dials and switches don’t exactly match the IRL Garmin units. But it’s a fun project learning to replicate what’s in-game. The dial alone took 4 hours, but they look to be a match. The models had to be scaled up a little. But the game can scaled in VR, so everything should align perfectly. In case you’re wondering; the scale is 1.10705. Here’s a pic of the in-game dials and the ones I did.
This should get me through the winter…

GNS KNOBS

2 Likes

Nice design work. You going to use the WBSIM mod. I like it a lot. Just wish it used the WT 530/430 instead of the PMS one.

I don’t know. I won’t want anything that is going to alter the models or textures. If it’s functional changes then I will probably use one of those mods. The issue is that I have to be able to access the model files. I was going to do a Carenado plane, but their models are hidden.

I don’t believe there is any change to he physical model. Just operational and performance changes. I found out it’s easy to foul the plugs if you forget to lean out during taxi. :slightly_frowning_face::rofl:

Looks really cool! Are the screens HDMI screens where you place pop out panels from the sim?

Yes. I use pop out manager

1 Like

Do the volume knobs on the 530/430 do anything?

Yes. With the PMS50 mod in the WBSim study level 172 they power the units on/off and control volume. Not sure of the WT one. I’m out of town but can check tomorrow.

The power/volume on he WT units do not control power only volume.